It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2004, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

oopixistix20oo HB User
Oh So Sick!

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. I was searching on the internet how to get rid of the common cold ASAP and came across this site

My symptoms seem almost normal, but I've been in the process of getting sick for weeks it seems like, and finally last Saturday it hit me. I started getting this yucky cough a while ago and gradually worsened. When I breath in, I can feel all that mucus in my chest, but when I cough its like nothing is there... but if I cough shallow I can feel it, as well as hear it. I hurts me to take deep breaths. The right side of my body is killing me, I'm not sure if its because the coughing. I'd assume so, but it seems weird that its only one side of my body. I have the usual stuffy nose, but it's more runny now then stuffy, and when I blow it.. All this green nasty mucus comes out.. Does that mean I'm getting better? Sometimes when I cough I spit out green stuff, and other times white stuff.. and normally its in clumps.

I can't afford to go to the dr.. and I don't really like taking pills for reasons unsaid.. But I've been trying recently- I haven't been taking anything for the daytime- but I take 1 TheraFlu Severe Cold & Congestion Maximum Strength pill at nite before I go to sleep, and that some what seems to help me sleep.

I've also noticed, if I put a sweater on for no more than 5min I start sweating, I dont get it.

What do I do to get better? HELP! Please

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2004, 08:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User
Re: Oh So Sick!

If you are coughing and blowing out green mucous, go see your doctor. That's a sign of infection and it's more than a cold that you have. Sorry, but if you don't go to a doctor and get antibiotics, it will only get worse and you could land up in the hospital.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopixistix20oo
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. I was searching on the internet how to get rid of the common cold ASAP and came across this site

My symptoms seem almost normal, but I've been in the process of getting sick for weeks it seems like, and finally last Saturday it hit me. I started getting this yucky cough a while ago and gradually worsened. When I breath in, I can feel all that mucus in my chest, but when I cough its like nothing is there... but if I cough shallow I can feel it, as well as hear it. I hurts me to take deep breaths. The right side of my body is killing me, I'm not sure if its because the coughing. I'd assume so, but it seems weird that its only one side of my body. I have the usual stuffy nose, but it's more runny now then stuffy, and when I blow it.. All this green nasty mucus comes out.. Does that mean I'm getting better? Sometimes when I cough I spit out green stuff, and other times white stuff.. and normally its in clumps.

I can't afford to go to the dr.. and I don't really like taking pills for reasons unsaid.. But I've been trying recently- I haven't been taking anything for the daytime- but I take 1 TheraFlu Severe Cold & Congestion Maximum Strength pill at nite before I go to sleep, and that some what seems to help me sleep.

I've also noticed, if I put a sweater on for no more than 5min I start sweating, I dont get it.

What do I do to get better? HELP! Please

Old 03-25-2004, 11:03 AM   #3

luvmyboys HB User

It sounds like pneumonia or bronchitis and a sinus infection. They always go hand in hand with me. Pretty much every time I get a cold I wind up with a sinus infection. But green stuff usually signifies an infection. If you're sweating you may be running fevers too. You definitely need to go to the doctor. I agree with Katyana

Old 03-25-2004, 12:25 PM   #4
(female)

oopixistix20oo HB User

Im going to Urgent Care this morning, I seem to be getting worse according to myself... then again I'm not dr. I woke up this morning with goopie green stuff in my left eye- gross! i'll update when i get back

Old 03-25-2004, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

oopixistix20oo HB User

I just got back from the Hospital.. They said that I have acute bronchitis and signs of pneumonia. They gave me a prescription for zithromax- so hopefully that'll help me get better!!!!

Old 03-25-2004, 08:04 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Katyana HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopixistix20oo
I just got back from the Hospital.. They said that I have acute bronchitis and signs of pneumonia. They gave me a prescription for zithromax- so hopefully that'll help me get better!!!!

Remember to take the entire course of antibiotics. Don't stop taking them just because you start to feel well again. If you stop taking them before the course is finished, the bacteria in your body could take hold again and start to refourish; that also assists in some bacteria becoming immune to certain antibiotics. So take all of the pills that were given to you

Closed Thread