It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2004, 10:05 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
My cold won't leave me alone!

I've had a cold for, give or take a couple of days, a couple of months. I had it during swimming in January and February (let me tell you how much fun it was trying to hold my breath when I could hardly breathe normally to begin with!).

This cold has been coming and going randomly...I have it for a couple of weeks and I'm miserable, wiping my nose on my sleeves when tissues are not handy, and then it goes away and I can breathe for about a week before it returns.

I did have the flu this past year (went to school with it too and didn't even infect ONE person), but I know the difference between the flu and a litle cold.

Also, I wake up every morning with a paste-like feeling in my mouth, my lips feel like their glazed with rubber, and my throat feels like I swallowed a wad of sandpaper.

My mom thinks that an ear infection I've had has contributed to my cold because the sinuses are connected with the ears, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have any idea why my cold is still aggravating me?

Could it be because I have a weak immune system?

Dark Stranger

Old 03-27-2004, 06:35 AM   #2

luvmyboys HB User
Re: My cold won't leave me alone!

Maybe it is a sinus infection. My doctor told me that if a cold doesn't completely go away in a couple of weeks, you problably need an antibiotic. I waited 3 weeks in January and it turned out it was a sinus infection and an ear infecton.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2004, 08:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

I'm sorry to revive a terribly old topic, but I read something about consecutive recurring colds in the newspaper on Saturday, and I can't help but wonder, could I have re-caught my cold from using my same toothbrush??

Dark Stranger

Old 07-15-2004, 09:27 AM   #4

RosaMay HB User

I don't think so, but hygiene is important. One thing is washing hands. Do you wash them often enough? If you don't wash your hands and go on touching your mouth, nose, eyes, you'll catch everything that goes around. Personally I have a habit washing my hands every time I return home from outside (from the town/shops/etc where there are many people), or start cooking, eating, drinking, and so on. The regular hygiene and then some. I usually don't catch anything, not a cold or a flu, but this year has been bad, due to other things... I have asthma by the way, this is why I'm trying to avoid colds as much as I can. If I catch a cold the cough stays with me for 2 months at least!
Hope this helps.

Old 07-15-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Inactive

James44_20 HB User

yes, you can catch a cold or flu from your own toothbrush and even doctors will tell you this. Throw away the old toothbrush and maybe even get a new one ever couple weeks, come on, they're not that expensive. I wouldn't always be so quick to jump to antibiotics. In my opinion, if it's not something that absolutely requires them, then i don't use them.

Closed Thread