It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2004, 07:10 PM   #1
Inactive

troubledchild HB User
Exclamation I have had a cold now for 37 days please help

Hi,

I have had a cold now for over a month and it is driving me crazy. It all started with a scratchy throat, and a little cough, runny nose, for about a week then everything just got worse, I have been taking everything under the sun for this cold and it just won't go away.

My cold has gotten better then worse, now I am at a point where I can't stop coughing, I am litterally losing my bladder control and it is driving me crazy.

My throat is very sore at night when I go to bed and really sore when I get up in the morning, in the morning when I wake up I have so much mucous in my throat it is making me gag I will cough it up or swallow it because I can't catch it in my throat before it slides down, (Yuck), I know it sounds gross and it is but it is driving me wild.

For a couple of days last week I thought, Wow I am getting better then all of a sudden I got a nasty headache all along with this sinus infection I think it is a sinus infection. Right now I am coughing so hard but there is no phlegm.

I even have nights where I can't sleep because the Nyquil will do a adverse affect on me. I feel like crap all of the time, I wish this cold or whatever it is will go away.

If anyone can tell me anything and if they are going through this or have gone through this, please try to give me some kind of advice of what to do.

Thank you so much,

Grace

Old 04-16-2004, 07:47 PM   #2

luvmyboys HB User
Re: I have had a cold now for 37 days please help

You may have a sinus infection. That's how I was. My doctor said I had given it ample time after 3 weeks of no improvement and gave me amoxicillin. Then I was fine after I took it. I didn't have any phlegm either. It was all blocked up in my sinuses. I also used a saline nasal spray.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2004, 08:01 AM   #3

mavrickjet HB User

im having some constant pain in the right side of my head. more information is posted in the headache forum. it was suggested to me that it could be infection of sinus. come to think of it for the last few weeks ive been coughing some real bad tasting phlegm up to. so going to the doctors. hopefully some antibiotics will cure it

Old 04-17-2004, 05:45 PM   #4
Inactive

SnowyLynne63 HB User

If you are coughing up,or blowing out yellow to green colored stuff go to the Dr.Antibiotics will clear it up.........All it will do is get so bad you'll be in the hosp.with bad pnumonia..........Been there,done that........

Last edited by SnowyLynne63; 04-17-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:24 PM   #5

Regs120 HB User

I remember having bronchitis for a month until I went to the Doc.

Old 04-19-2004, 06:31 PM   #6
Inactive

troubledchild HB User

Hi All,

Just want you all to know that I am feeling so much better today. I have not coughed at all today, but my throat hurt this morning when I woke up and my eyes, ears, nose and throat started to itch really bad, so I took an Alavert, right now I feel like I am at 90% back to normal.

I hope this thing is almost gone. I have never had a cold this long and it started to scare the crap out of me. I don't know what I had and I really don't care to get it again as long as I live. All I know it dragged me down totally.

Today, for the first time, I had actually had energy to do something.

Thank you for all of your posts.

Grace

Closed Thread