It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2004, 12:36 PM   #1

Amy916 HB User
Congestion in eye

I had pink eye after a cold a few months ago. It seemed to clear up really fast. Last week I had another cold and now I am getting an irritation over the last several days in one eye that is sort of like pink eye again. The white of my eye is irritated in the corner closest to my nose but my eye isn't all red like last time. The irritation starts before the color in my eye and goes to the corner by my nose. I put some of the antibiotic drops in my eye starting yesterday that I got when I had pink eye. It is almost like some congestion has settled in the corner of my eye. Can that happen? It is not really affecting my vision. I have sort of a tight feeling in the corner of my eye when I try to open it wide and when I move my eye back and forth the clear part or white of my eye looks "loose" compared to the rest of my eye.

Last edited by Amy916; 04-23-2004 at 12:40 PM.

Old 04-24-2004, 12:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Congestion in eye

Hi,

I get that when I touch my eyeball. It's probably an allergic reaction, but I also have dry eyes a lot. I also get that pain you're talking about..it feels like it's ripping.

I've been through the gammit of products and have come up with the best ones so far for me.
When my eyes get red as you describe, I use the Bausch & Lomb Allergy eye drops. I only use them in the morning...but, if I've touched something and it inflammes I use it again. I also use the Bausch & Lomb Moisture drops...it's more like water, not sticky. For you, I'd use them as often during the day as you can for a few days. Maybe things in the air at this time of the year are irritating your eyes, or you have allergies, or whatever....but the moisture won't hurt and will help you from developing worse problems. The dryer the eyes, the more prone to infection and further irritation.
If they're really bad, the best lubricant eye drops I've found are called Isopto Tears by Alcon. They feel a bit blurry at first, but feel good for a long time.

When my eyes were really bad after I had pink eye, I tried some of the other brands of lubricant type drops. It seemed that dust and cat hair were more attracted to them. But, everyone has their favourites.

The best thing for you is to use drops for moisture OFTEN, and an allergy drop to take out the congestion. The B&L allergy drops don't sting compared to others I've tried. And the best thing is that they're actually one of the cheapest on the market. Go figure.

I hope your eyes improve soon.
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread