It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 08:07 AM   #1
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Unhappy Intense Shooting Pain In Ear

Hi everyone! I have been having a problem with intense, repetitive shooting pains starting in my left ear and radiating up the side of my head. I went to a doctor once and she said it was pressure in the inner ear and offered no help. Another doctor said it was a sinus infection and gave me antibiotics but it took over five days to stop hurting. This occurs about every three to four months, and I've about had it with the pain. I also have a deviated septum--not sure if this has any bearing--and I'm congested most of the time. Has anyone had this problem or know what will help it? I sure would be grateful for a response.

Old 04-27-2004, 05:24 PM   #2

Brooke~Lynn HB User
Re: Intense Shooting Pain In Ear

hmmm...cant say i am to familiar with this....but a cousin of mine had what is called swimmers ear and under no circumstance could she get water in her ear....not in the shower or anything or she had terrible pain in it.....try keeping your ear out of water....take baths if you have to...see if this helps.
hope it clears up

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 02:00 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Intense Shooting Pain In Ear

Been checked for TMD? That causes shooting pain in the ear, down to the jaw and up to the temple. Often mistaken by patients for an ear infection.

Old 05-12-2004, 03:39 PM   #4
(female)

grayfox HB Usergrayfox HB Usergrayfox HB User
Smile Re: Intense Shooting Pain In Ear

Thanks Crossbow. I have been doing some searching on the web and found info that seems to indicate this may be a fifth cranial nerve problem. The symptoms are exactly like what I am experiencing. I also found info on TMD. Both have similar symptoms.

Closed Thread