It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2004, 03:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Swollen Glands & Sore Throat

Haven't had my tonsils for 4 years. Can't remember the last time I had a sore throat. Last night I felt like I was getting laryngitis. I don't have a fever, no stuffy nose... Just a sore raw throat and my ears hurt.

Went to the doctor who said my ears were fine, but probably hurt 'cuz of the swollen glands in my neck. My throat was also bright red. Did a throat culture and the initial rapid test was negative for strep

I'm just worried I have something contagious that I'll end up giving to my baby.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Crossbow HB User
Re: Swollen Glands & Sore Throat

Could it be an allergy?
Are they doing a regular culture in addition to the quick one?

I actually came in here because I have swollen glands and a sore throat too, but otherwise I feel fine, and I wanted to see if maybe this is some weird new cold going around.

Last edited by Crossbow; 05-12-2004 at 02:58 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2004, 12:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: Swollen Glands & Sore Throat

They did a quick strep test and a longer one -- cultured it over night. No strep. But.... I ended up with a wicked sinus infection about three days later. Full technocolor!!! Luckily the doc had written me a script for amoxicillian just in case I had strep. So I filled it and after about three days I started to feel better.

Coworker's kid had the same thing. She just took him to the doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. Must be some kinda bug going around.

Closed Thread