HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Colds & Flu (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/colds-flu/)
-   -   need help for Bronchitis (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/colds-flu/187290-need-help-bronchitis.html)

Virgo30309 07-03-2004 09:07 AM

need help for Bronchitis

I have had bronchitis for 3 weeks now and can't get over it. I have taken antibiotics,antihistimine, and cough sryup from my dr.
Does anyone know of any "home remedies" that might help me?

happyhelper 07-03-2004 10:52 AM

Re: need help for Bronchitis

I don't about home remedies, but what antibiotics did you take? I was taking some that didn't work for me at all... I can't remember the name. I went back to my doctor and he gave me Zithromycin (Zithromax)... a five day dose and it was cleared up. It's expensive and powerful. I also got an inhaler which was pretty useless, except for after excersizing. Good luck, get well! :)

Misty800 07-03-2004 02:06 PM

When I had a bad case of bronchitis or "crud" my doctor told me to take "Mucinex" overcounter med, ingredient same as Robitussin but stronger to help liquidfy mucous so it would clear out. Have to ask pharmacist for this, they usually keep it in the back.

I was also prescribed Zithromax antibiotic and Beconase nasal spray.

The virus or whatever is causing the bronchitis problems is difficult to clear. Hang in there, cough usually lasts 3-4 weeks. I had to take a second round of antibiotic.

Virgo30309 07-03-2004 03:19 PM

Thanks for replying. I can't remember the name of the antibiotics I took but I took them for seven days. I don't feel like they helped at all. Three days ago, my dr. prescribed Benzonatate caplets and M-ND DM cough syrup, both of which make me nauseous and give me diarrhea.
I will try the Mucinex and see if I can cough anything up. I believe I would feel better if I could. This is getting the best of me...cough and gag... loose my breath... interrupted sleep...tired...etc. Looks like the next thing to go is my job. I haven't felt like working for two weeks and my employer is getting tired of hearing it. No doubt he's never had bronchitis. :o

Jordie 07-09-2004 11:41 AM

I have it to at the moment. Been 2 weeks now and I just switched antibiotics. I've never had it this bad, am beginning to get concerned it's something more serious. I'm a smoker which doesn't help and makes me stress.

My lungs are so sore, and burning too. I'm coughing up heaps of phlem.

peregrine 07-13-2004 05:00 AM

[QUOTE=Virgo30309]I have had bronchitis for 3 weeks now and can't get over it. I have taken antibiotics,antihistimine, and cough sryup from my dr.
Does anyone know of any "home remedies" that might help me?[/QUOTE]

Do research on Collodial Silver, which is a natural anti-biotic.

velvet48 07-13-2004 09:14 AM

when i had it, also for 3 weeks, my dr finally gave me an inhaller and that worked. i used it for 2 weeks, once every morning and once every night
karen