It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2004, 02:50 AM   #1

Kam131 HB User
Question Do I have Mono???

I kissed someone about four days ago and now I have this lump in the back of my throat that it hurts to swallow. Other than that, I feel fine. The only other thing I can think of is that two nights ago I strained my voice because we went to a club and I found that I had to talk above the crowd, it was raining and fell asleep with a fan blowing on me by accident (I didn't kiss anyone that night).

Any ideas what could be going on here? Thanks

Last edited by Kam131; 08-16-2004 at 02:53 AM.

Old 08-16-2004, 06:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

crabbyroad HB User
Re: Do I have Mono???

I honestly don't think its mono, as my daughter had it, and it is more very fatigued, sleeping 18 hours a day, etc.

Only a doctor can diagnosis mono thru a blood test, other than that, I think you possibly are having a sore throat, or even strep throat, do you have a fever? Are your glands swollen?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2004, 07:35 AM   #3

Kam131 HB User
Re: Do I have Mono???

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbyroad
I honestly don't think its mono, as my daughter had it, and it is more very fatigued, sleeping 18 hours a day, etc.

Only a doctor can diagnosis mono thru a blood test, other than that, I think you possibly are having a sore throat, or even strep throat, do you have a fever? Are your glands swollen?
No, other than hurting when I swallow, I feel completely fine. No fever, no swollen glands...
I remember someone once telling me that the doctor had to puncture something in the back of their throat to release fluid or mucus... I don't know what but that kick-started the mono symptoms.... does this sound familiar?

A friend of mine had Mono as well, a while ago. I remember how awful it was for her.

Thanks for your help

Closed Thread