It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2004, 09:09 PM   #1

edaisy80 HB User
Question Whopping cough (hopefully this is spelled right)

I'm just curious is anyone has ever heard of this and if so is it contagious. My little girl started feeling bad yesterday & so did I. My throat started hurting and my nose feels clogged. My liitle one woke up all during the night crying for a drink. ( like her throat was dry) She also woke up this morning with a runny nose, fever, and coughing. The coughing cause her to vomit. She was very very cranky today not like her usual self. I ask my husband to go get her more meds when he got off of work. And he said "I hope I didn't bring something home because I have a soldier who has whopping cough. And my first sgt. wants us to get checked tomorrow." So I'm not really sure if he did make my little girl sick or what. But if its not contagious then why would his boss what him to be checked. My husband is a drill sgt. so he's always in soldiers faces. Last winter was a rough one around my house. Once I got on perso feeling better someone else would get sick. If anyone knows anything about this please let me know. My daughter has had 4 colds since she has been born and they have all turned into bonciatist. I just don't want her getting that bad again. Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 01:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Whopping cough (hopefully this is spelled right)

Hi,

Yes, Whooping cough is VERRRRRRY contagious. It's called pertussis, and most babies are immunised against this. But, as we age, we lose our immunity and as adults we can get it again.

Call your doctor, find out what meds your daughter can be put on (especially if she's had bronchitis many times).

Keep us posted as to the outcome.

I'm sure there's lots of info on the internet about it....do a search.

Best to be informed, as well....find out if your daughter was immunised against it. If she has a "mild" form of it....she's fortunate.

Best to you all,
quincy

Last edited by quincy; 08-21-2004 at 01:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2004, 03:38 PM   #3

edaisy80 HB User

Thanks Quincy,
I did find some stuff online last night. My daughter is current on all of her imminization shots. My children even had flu shots for the first time last year since my husband brings home all of those germs. They will have it again this year too. She seems to be feeling alot better today. She woke up vomiting about 6 this morning. Then she went back to sleep and slept till 11:30 a.m. I will keep you updated. Thanks you so much.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:42 PM   #4

edaisy80 HB User

p.s. she seems to be feeling better today since she got up. still cranky but she will probably be cranky for a while. again thank you for your reply.

Closed Thread