It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #1

FoxFire0114 HB User
Question strep throat with no symptoms??

I was diagnosed with strep on wed, 18. But for about five days prior, I had no symptoms (sore throat, fever, etc.) and I still feel fine as of today. I did have a mild sore throat that was worse in the morning and gone by night--that was from aug 9-12.

By the way- i've never had strep throat before!

Well they gave me penicillin that I have to take 4 times a day!!!! (which I stopped taking a day ago but thinking of just taking it anyways)
It seems pointless bc I feel FINE! lol...

....but i was just wondering- for those that had strep throat before, what were your symptoms? And has anyone experienced what i'm going through?

Thanks for any input!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2004, 12:34 PM   #2

luvmyboys HB User
Re: strep throat with no symptoms??

My kids have both had strep throat without symptoms. I took my husband in with it so bad that his throat was bleeding this past February and had my two kids checked too because I was already on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and ear infection. Anyway, they all tested positive and were all put on medicine. But what I wanted to tell you was that my husband didn't finish all of his medication and forgot to take it half the time so just stopped it and his strep came back and he passed it back to the kids. All three of them were on a total of three rounds of antibiotics and we also treated the dog because dogs can carry it and pass it also. Just wanted to let you know how very important it is to take all of the medicine the way they say to take it or you won't get rid of the strep. Untreated strep can turn into rheumatic fever which can cause heart and other organ damage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread