It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2004, 08:09 AM   #1
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User
Headache every day for a week!

hi all. don't know what's wrong with me. don't have any sypmtoms other than horrible headaches that i get everyday and have had this going on for about a week now......very frustrating! do feel like there's pressure on my temples and on my nose at times and sometimes in my upper and lower jaw. also, in the middle of last week, i had a swollen lymph node that was tender to the touch-that went away but no the headaches. what could this be? could i have a sinus infection without having any stuffy nose or anything? could this be a problem with my mouth although i don't have anything that feels wrong with it other than pressure......

please help me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 02:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Headache every day for a week!

Hi,

It most definitely can be a sinus infection or possibly a herpes attack. Do you have any coldsores as well? Do you get any relief from Sudafed?

I get the same thing on occasion, I do have sinus stuffiness and when I get a cold I get the swollen glands under the jaw.

I also have neck problems and tend to clench my jaw. I see a chiro for that. I do get relief after an appointment, but if it's a cold, it will run its course, but the headache is gone!

I would definitely see the doctor if it continues. Must add... As well, weather fluctuations make me worse!

quincy

Last edited by quincy; 08-23-2004 at 02:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2004, 03:01 PM   #3
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User
Re: Headache every day for a week!

Hi. thanks for your response. A herpes attack? Why? No coldsores. Did have a huge zit under my nose a couple of days ago that took forever to go away. Now that the node isn't sore anymore and isn't as swollen, I just have the headaches and some pressure in my face including in my throat-feels a bit like my airway will shut down-no difficulty breathing, just some pressure in the back of my throat. Can I have a sinus infection without having a stuffy nose, sore throat, etc? What could this be???? Do you have to go on Antibiotics all the time or do you just wait it out? Nope, haven't tried sudafed-may pick some up tonight though....want this to go away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy
Hi,

It most definitely can be a sinus infection or possibly a herpes attack. Do you have any coldsores as well? Do you get any relief from Sudafed?

I get the same thing on occasion, I do have sinus stuffiness and when I get a cold I get the swollen glands under the jaw.

I also have neck problems and tend to clench my jaw. I see a chiro for that. I do get relief after an appointment, but if it's a cold, it will run its course, but the headache is gone!

I would definitely see the doctor if it continues. Must add... As well, weather fluctuations make me worse!

quincy

Closed Thread