It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2004, 03:46 PM   #1

MKN HB User
This may sound a bit backwards but....

I have a small fever.... and one of my eyes keep watering... and my nose is stopped up... and I tried hiding it from my mom... but we all know thats impossible.... so now she's going through the whole "Temperature checking, forhead feeling, thinking about making me stay home tomorrow" thing... I do NOT want to miss a day of school. Is there anyway I can get over this quickly? (Would Welches grape juice help any??) Or is there any way to make my eye stop watering? and maybe perhaps trick a thermometer?

Old 09-08-2004, 10:01 PM   #2

RichMan HB User
Re: This may sound a bit backwards but....

I'd suggest you attempt to find the cause of your problem, which, based on your description-sounds like a possible head cold or hay fever. By the way, how old are you? Obviously you're still of an age to have your mom do those things that moms do, i.e. feel your forehead, take your temperature, and yes, keep you home from school, which obviously you'd rather not miss, though most kids would, and possibly make you stay in bed. As for tricking a thermometer, be careful there! I knew friends of mine, and I did it too years ago who played that game, and wished we hadn't! Our temperatures were re-checked to determine the accuracy of the thermometer and its reading. You might say that was the "bottom" line pulling that trick. Perhaps a vitamin C juice such as Orange juice would be appropriate as opposed to Welches Grape juice. Good luck with your situation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2004, 03:58 PM   #3

MKN HB User
Re: This may sound a bit backwards but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMan
I'd suggest you attempt to find the cause of your problem, which, based on your description-sounds like a possible head cold or hay fever. By the way, how old are you? Obviously you're still of an age to have your mom do those things that moms do, i.e. feel your forehead, take your temperature, and yes, keep you home from school, which obviously you'd rather not miss, though most kids would, and possibly make you stay in bed. As for tricking a thermometer, be careful there! I knew friends of mine, and I did it too years ago who played that game, and wished we hadn't! Our temperatures were re-checked to determine the accuracy of the thermometer and its reading. You might say that was the "bottom" line pulling that trick. Perhaps a vitamin C juice such as Orange juice would be appropriate as opposed to Welches Grape juice. Good luck with your situation.
Sorry I didn't reply quicker... but thanks for your advice.... It turned out I didn't have to play any tricks I took medicine and woke up the next morning a lot better.

Closed Thread