It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #1
(female)

PecoPajero HB User
I think a lot of people have this... any advice??

i've had this for six days now. its not strep, and my doctor says its just virul and theres not a d**n thing she can do about it.

my glands are huge, my tonsils are the size of large brazil nuts, and my neck is swollen also. it hurts to swallow ANYTHING, my nose and sinuses are plugged, i cant blow my nose, and i can hardly talk because of the swelling and dryness.

other people seem to have the same or similar thing. gargling salt water desnt help, soup doesnt help, mouth wash doesnt help, and mostly anything else doesnt help. i keep taking ibuprofen to keep the swelling down, and it helps a teeny bit. i take a multivitamin, drink a lot of milk, and eat halls drops like candy (even the defense ones). i'm sick of being sick! what can i do???

Old 12-11-2004, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: I think a lot of people have this... any advice??

Hi,

Try a product called Cold FX.....good results with it from what I've heard and read. Do a check and see if you want to try it.

My pharmacist was getting a cold and I suggested he try it (since he sells the stuff)...and his cold was gone in 3 days.

But, that's not your situation.....but it might very well help get your immune system boosted enough to help.

Cut back on the milk....

Take Sudafed to open your sinuses.

Don't take antihistamine.

Steam yourself (boiling water in a bowl, and cover your head with a towel -- careful, very hot)

Drink tea, will help to shrink swollen tissue in the throat.

Expectorant either in pill form or liquid (guafenisine).

Lots of tissues, and wash your hands regularly.

Take more vitamin C as well as Beta Carotene and zinc.

That's it for now.

I hope this helps -- and get better soon,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-13-2004, 07:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I had the same thing -- my glands in my neck were so swollen they were pushing on my ears and I know this is bad, but the doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic, just in case the strep test came back positive -- it didn't but I filled the prescription anyway 'cuz I was afraid it was an infection and I'd give it to my child. In any event I felt better in about a day or so

Old 12-20-2004, 10:42 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

I tried the Cool Mint Listerin mouthwash diluted with very warm water and gargled. It took soreness out of my throat and swelling did not seem to be as bad.

Mucinex is over the counter tablet that will help thin mucous in throat.
Keeping a vaporizer going will help add moisture to the air.

My doctor gave me Z-Pak this morning. It usually works for me. May start out as a virus but usually end up with bacterial infection too. Takes 2 weeks for it to run it's course.

Old 12-20-2004, 09:27 PM   #5

dagmarharris HB User

Hey Quincy, what is in the cold Fx I just read a couple of things on the internet. But it didn't say what was in it? It is natural stuff? Echineacia? spelled wrong.
I like to see what is in it before I take it.
It seems that a Hockey team took it and felt really good.
~dagmar

Closed Thread