It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

pheobe13 HB User
Headaches after flu normal? Advice please

Hi,

I'm just a bit worried and was hoping for some advice.
I had a very bad virus recently, presuming was flu because I was floored for over a week and still ill two weeks later. Had usual symptoms. Very weak and felt constantly sick. Was actually sick on one day. Very faint for a week.

Just worried because it's been two weeks now. Am a lot better but I keep getting stabbing pains in the back of my head and my head keeps feeling fuzzy and light-headed. I still feel like I can't do anything cuz whenever I do I feel really weak again.

I just want to know are the headaches normal after so much time?

Whats with the fuzzy head thing?

Has anyone been ill with flu this long?

Would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Old 01-17-2005, 03:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User
Re: Headaches after flu normal? Advice please

The flu does seem to be a kicker this year. I've heard many people feeling "washed" out for a few weeks.

You need to take care of yourself during this time. Make sure that you're getting enough sleep and enough liquids to keep your body hydrated. Try to eat well, too. These things seem obvious, but there isn't a cure-all. You just need rest.

If these symptoms persist though, definately see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
Inactive

mlgable HB User

Since you are still having problems 2 weeks after your bout with the flu it is time to see the doc and get this checked out. You should not still be having headaches, dizziness and light headedness. See your doc to find out what is going on.

Old 01-18-2005, 06:44 PM   #4
(female)

pheobe13 HB User

Thanks guys,

Still alive! :-)

Gonna go see a doctor. My Mum's boyfriend got pleurisy from an infection and my Mum got Bronchitis and 'faryngitis?' from him. Not laryngitis, something similar. So trying to look after her at the mo. I'm hoping the evil germs they've got didn't start from me. I don't think so cuz they don't have any cold or flu symptoms.

Can't wait till I'm able to join the gym like I was supposed to new year.

Closed Thread