It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

I have had it for over 2 weeks now and I just feel worse. Fever coughing breathing issues. Started taking biaxin and someother prescription drugs. How long after taking antibiotics should I feel a difference?

Old 02-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

The upper respiratory illness that is going around takes 3 or more weeks to get over. I had it for 3 1/2 weeks, 2 rounds of antibiotics. It came on fast and it left fast when it finally decided it was thru with me!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

Sounds like bronchitis is the illness this year. I haven't had bronchitis in about ten years, but I got it and it's been horrible. I just started a new job and I've already missed a week and my dr doesn't want me going back till Friday.

I first went to the dr last wednesday and she gave me a z-pak for my bronchitis as well as an inhalor. I went back Sunday night to the ER because I felt so horrible. The dr. gave me iv fluids and told me I had an ear infection as well. She put me on augmenton and some other things. I went back yesterday because I was actually feeling worse and she told me that not only did I feel worse, but I looked worse as well. She gave me two more liters of iv fluids, and gave me a nebulizer to help me with my breathing.

It's bad, but I almost feel at this point I want her to admit me to the hospital for a day or two and pump me full of fluids and medicine. I always feel so much better after recieving fluids.

Old 02-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

This bronchitis that is going around is just horriable!!! Now my temp went up and Im taking antibiotics. Now my bones are starting to ache. I hope this goes away soon. To make matters worse my kids just brought home a stomach virus. Seems like so many viruses going around. Hope you all feel better soon.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #5

Cowart69 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
Sounds like bronchitis is the illness this year. I haven't had bronchitis in about ten years, but I got it and it's been horrible. I just started a new job and I've already missed a week and my dr doesn't want me going back till Friday.

I first went to the dr last wednesday and she gave me a z-pak for my bronchitis as well as an inhalor. I went back Sunday night to the ER because I felt so horrible. The dr. gave me iv fluids and told me I had an ear infection as well. She put me on augmenton and some other things. I went back yesterday because I was actually feeling worse and she told me that not only did I feel worse, but I looked worse as well. She gave me two more liters of iv fluids, and gave me a nebulizer to help me with my breathing.

It's bad, but I almost feel at this point I want her to admit me to the hospital for a day or two and pump me full of fluids and medicine. I always feel so much better after recieving fluids.

Your actually kinda luck Twiz (if there is such a thing having bronchitis)

I have all the symtoms you describe but my job let me have 1 day off sick and thats it.....If I take any more I will fall behind and probably get fired...

Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

1 day? That's just wrong. That's how it used to be for me. I used to work at Blockbuster and the five years I worked there I only missed 1 day. At the place I work now, they would prefer you not be there so you don't get everyone else sick (I work at a bank.)

Old 02-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #7

Cowart69 HB User

Quote:
1 day? That's just wrong. That's how it used to be for me. I used to work at Blockbuster and the five years I worked there I only missed 1 day. At the place I work now, they would prefer you not be there so you don't get everyone else sick (I work at a bank.)
I work in a Student Affairs office at a University and this is our busy season.

I would like nothing more then to go home right this minute, but I have a family to take care of....so I work

Old 02-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

it seems as though they wouldn't want you to get others sick.. studies have shown that people who come to work while sick cause a higher loss of money because others get sick and loss of productivity.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #9

Cowart69 HB User

Quote:
it seems as though they wouldn't want you to get others sick.. studies have shown that people who come to work while sick cause a higher loss of money because others get sick and loss of productivity.
Doesn't make sense to me either...and I really dont WANT to make anybody sick, but I need my paycheck.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

twizliz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowart69
Doesn't make sense to me either...and I really dont WANT to make anybody sick, but I need my paycheck.
I completely understand.

Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #11

melliej19 HB User

I too have bronchitis and its crap. I have been on stuff since Monday and I feel better but I still have a hard time breathing after a coughing spell and I have alot of them during the day no matter what I take. I have been off work since Saturday and I dont think I can make it all day tomorrow so I too am staying home. They cant fire you because you are sick. I have a note releasing me to go back tomorrow but she also told me not to over do it either. To go back when I feel like I can and the coughing isnt so bad on me, but the cough isnt getting any better and I'm almost of out cough syrup.

Old 02-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

This bronchitis thats going around is the worst I had ever!!! I feel like I am getting sicker not better. I have a fever still and this is day 3 on the antibiotics I only have 2 more days worth of pills. If Im not better in 2 more days I am going to the ER because its been going on so long 2 1/2 weeks of this YUK. How contagious do you think this is?

Closed Thread