It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2005, 01:34 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 449
jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

I have had it for over 2 weeks now and I just feel worse. Fever coughing breathing issues. Started taking biaxin and someother prescription drugs. How long after taking antibiotics should I feel a difference?

 
Old 02-02-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Burnet, Texas USA
Posts: 4,312
Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

The upper respiratory illness that is going around takes 3 or more weeks to get over. I had it for 3 1/2 weeks, 2 rounds of antibiotics. It came on fast and it left fast when it finally decided it was thru with me!

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 02-02-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VT
Posts: 965
twizliz HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

Sounds like bronchitis is the illness this year. I haven't had bronchitis in about ten years, but I got it and it's been horrible. I just started a new job and I've already missed a week and my dr doesn't want me going back till Friday.

I first went to the dr last wednesday and she gave me a z-pak for my bronchitis as well as an inhalor. I went back Sunday night to the ER because I felt so horrible. The dr. gave me iv fluids and told me I had an ear infection as well. She put me on augmenton and some other things. I went back yesterday because I was actually feeling worse and she told me that not only did I feel worse, but I looked worse as well. She gave me two more liters of iv fluids, and gave me a nebulizer to help me with my breathing.

It's bad, but I almost feel at this point I want her to admit me to the hospital for a day or two and pump me full of fluids and medicine. I always feel so much better after recieving fluids.

 
Old 02-02-2005, 06:48 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 449
jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

This bronchitis that is going around is just horriable!!! Now my temp went up and Im taking antibiotics. Now my bones are starting to ache. I hope this goes away soon. To make matters worse my kids just brought home a stomach virus. Seems like so many viruses going around. Hope you all feel better soon.

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:16 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hemet, CA USA
Posts: 16
Cowart69 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
Sounds like bronchitis is the illness this year. I haven't had bronchitis in about ten years, but I got it and it's been horrible. I just started a new job and I've already missed a week and my dr doesn't want me going back till Friday.

I first went to the dr last wednesday and she gave me a z-pak for my bronchitis as well as an inhalor. I went back Sunday night to the ER because I felt so horrible. The dr. gave me iv fluids and told me I had an ear infection as well. She put me on augmenton and some other things. I went back yesterday because I was actually feeling worse and she told me that not only did I feel worse, but I looked worse as well. She gave me two more liters of iv fluids, and gave me a nebulizer to help me with my breathing.

It's bad, but I almost feel at this point I want her to admit me to the hospital for a day or two and pump me full of fluids and medicine. I always feel so much better after recieving fluids.

Your actually kinda luck Twiz (if there is such a thing having bronchitis)

I have all the symtoms you describe but my job let me have 1 day off sick and thats it.....If I take any more I will fall behind and probably get fired...

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VT
Posts: 965
twizliz HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

1 day? That's just wrong. That's how it used to be for me. I used to work at Blockbuster and the five years I worked there I only missed 1 day. At the place I work now, they would prefer you not be there so you don't get everyone else sick (I work at a bank.)

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:51 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hemet, CA USA
Posts: 16
Cowart69 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
1 day? That's just wrong. That's how it used to be for me. I used to work at Blockbuster and the five years I worked there I only missed 1 day. At the place I work now, they would prefer you not be there so you don't get everyone else sick (I work at a bank.)
I work in a Student Affairs office at a University and this is our busy season.

I would like nothing more then to go home right this minute, but I have a family to take care of....so I work

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VT
Posts: 965
twizliz HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

it seems as though they wouldn't want you to get others sick.. studies have shown that people who come to work while sick cause a higher loss of money because others get sick and loss of productivity.

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:57 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Hemet, CA USA
Posts: 16
Cowart69 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twizliz
it seems as though they wouldn't want you to get others sick.. studies have shown that people who come to work while sick cause a higher loss of money because others get sick and loss of productivity.
Doesn't make sense to me either...and I really dont WANT to make anybody sick, but I need my paycheck.

 
Old 02-03-2005, 12:59 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VT
Posts: 965
twizliz HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowart69
Doesn't make sense to me either...and I really dont WANT to make anybody sick, but I need my paycheck.
I completely understand.

 
Old 02-04-2005, 05:19 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 13
melliej19 HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

I too have bronchitis and its crap. I have been on stuff since Monday and I feel better but I still have a hard time breathing after a coughing spell and I have alot of them during the day no matter what I take. I have been off work since Saturday and I dont think I can make it all day tomorrow so I too am staying home. They cant fire you because you are sick. I have a note releasing me to go back tomorrow but she also told me not to over do it either. To go back when I feel like I can and the coughing isnt so bad on me, but the cough isnt getting any better and I'm almost of out cough syrup.

 
Old 02-04-2005, 06:59 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 449
jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Re: Bronchitis how long until it goes away!!

This bronchitis thats going around is the worst I had ever!!! I feel like I am getting sicker not better. I have a fever still and this is day 3 on the antibiotics I only have 2 more days worth of pills. If Im not better in 2 more days I am going to the ER because its been going on so long 2 1/2 weeks of this YUK. How contagious do you think this is?

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



janewhite1 (5), JJ (4), ladybud (3), twanger (2), strensk (1), ericpolanco (1), stevie_23 (1), BrandyBobs Lady (1), ebrena (1), writeleft (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1136), MSJayhawk (941), Apollo123 (857), janewhite1 (823), Titchou (773), Gabriel (743), ladybud (667), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (655), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:02 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.com™
Copyright and Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!