It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

DB18 HB User
Question Rattling Sound

I am now on week three of what I think is bronchitis. Does anyone else have what sounds like a rattling sound when the inhale or exhale? I read somewhere on the web that it is mucus in the windpipe or base of the throat.

I hope I am on the end of this...clear phlegm, infrequent coughing and a runny nose plus the rattling sound is all that is left.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 08:14 AM   #2
(female)

lno HB User
Re: Rattling Sound

I have the rattles also. Came down w/bronchitis 2/7 and still have residual effects, i.e. rattles. It feels like I must cough to clear out my throat & I continually clear my throat. I hear rumbles & until I break something loose, I cough. I think it's just part of getting over this crazy stuff. Still blow nose but nothing like before. Thought I was getting it back worse last week, but I got thru it!!! I've had 3 different antibiotics & finally I think the Zithromax worked or else "it" was just ready to leave. However, I was blowing and spitting out green junk, so it may have been bacterial!!!! I also wheezed a whole lot, not so much now, just the rattles and rumbles. Good luck, you are probably on the mend.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2005, 08:34 AM   #3
(female)

DB18 HB User
Re: Rattling Sound

Misery loves company so thanks for posting...I have had this since Feb 18 and it is the longest I have ever been sick. I guess having kids will do that for you (they bring home everything). I am not coughing as much as I was last week but the rattles have increased and I have to clear my throat too. Catch 22...I am really congested in my nose and when I take a decongestant, my nose runs. Any advice from anyone on that? I guess I will just deal with the rattles until this stuff leaves me.

Closed Thread