It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2002, 06:49 PM   #1

Mikefsu HB User
Post Always Dizzy! and Tired

Had ENG, from Ear nose and throat, Had MRI and EEG from Neouralagist. All Negative! anyone heard of viruses that stick around and affect equilibrium or inner ears for over 3 months?

My symptoms are dizzy, tired, very hard to consentrate, and do work, especially at night in the dark and when I'm tired very dizzy. Any body heard of this?
Thanks

Old 03-24-2002, 12:25 PM   #2
Super Sarah

Talking

Hi,

Yes, it could be a virus called Menieres disease that affects the balance of the ear. It is an infection and causes dizzyness and the symptoms you describe. It can follow after another virus. Have you had a cold recently or any other virus?

Go and get it checked out. Antibiotics should help, but you could also try the homeopathic remedy called Cocculus in a 200c or 30c potency. This may help.

Good luck and take care.

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2002, 08:26 AM   #3

Lizzy H HB User
Hi I have suffered on and off for years with Vertigo.

Each episode can last days or months. Usually a few weeks. Is it better when you are in the car driving or being driven ? I find it is as the rest of the world is moving as well. Do you feel slightly sick when reading? and one of the sure signs of Vertigo is that it is still there even when your in bed when you turn over with your eyes shut. There are meds that you can take but they knocked me out. My doc said it is self limiting and will burn out. There was one time and only one time did it work that my GP sort of threw me in a few strange positions and it set things straight(apparantly this technique is known to GPs). By the way Vertigo is terrible to have but harmless and is a problem in the inner ear.
As in the above message it can be brought on by having perhaps 3 virus things in a row. Have you been ill at all ?
Regards Liz x

Old 05-04-2002, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User
Wink

hey liz http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bang.gif ive been getin episodes of dizziness for years some times for days weeks especially when i get in to bed and close my eyes and when i go to get up in morning is this like vertigo??

Old 08-09-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
(female)

may6849 HB User
Re: Always Dizzy! and Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefsu View Post
Had ENG, from Ear nose and throat, Had MRI and EEG from Neouralagist. All Negative! anyone heard of viruses that stick around and affect equilibrium or inner ears for over 3 months?

My symptoms are dizzy, tired, very hard to consentrate, and do work, especially at night in the dark and when I'm tired very dizzy. Any body heard of this?
Thanks

Old 08-09-2008, 02:25 PM   #6
(female)

may6849 HB User
Re: Always Dizzy! and Tired

Hi,
I've had the exact same symptoms! Same tests and same replies about viruses. Going on for three years now. I don't drive anymore because of the dizziness. I'm afraid to go back to the doctors because all the tests turned out negative and am afraid they will think I'm a hypochondriac. Have you found anything new about what was causing your dizziness?

Closed Thread