It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2002, 05:09 AM   #1

keiran HB User
Unhappy blocked throat and nasal passage

for the past year i have had a blockage of flem and mucas in the back of my throat and nose, i am unable to blow it out or cough it up, it is very, very uncomfortable, when there is a large build up my head/sinus severely hurts!!!. I have had several nasal sprays, none of which worked, and a prescription of penacilin from the doctors, they cant seem to tell me what it is can anybody please help me, i'm scared as to what it might be, maybe there is a dangerous lump etc in the back of my nose/throat blocking it up. Any body know of what this could be please let me know. thank you.

Old 08-28-2002, 08:29 AM   #2

naturallyfyne HB User
Question

OMG-I have the same problem!!! But it's mostly in my throat...I find myself constantly swollowing and trying to ingest "whatever" it is in my throat. I feel the saliva moving down PAST it but IT's not moving down or up when I gag and cough!
I actually had a scope down my throat when I had an upper GI for acid reflux and it didn't show anything wrong as far as erosion of my throat or esophagus (what I originally thought) so I don't know what it is... http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif

If you find out anything, let me know!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2002, 08:41 AM   #3

keiran HB User
will do, i'm now leaning towards that maybe an allergic reaction may be the cause, but will need to do an allergy test to find out what it is, if any, that i might be allergic too.

Closed Thread