It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2003, 07:56 AM   #1

sickpuppy HB User
Unhappy High fever for two days..Flu How long will it last?

My 11 year old has had a fever since Sunday. Each day it seems to get higher. This morning (third day) it was 103.8 even with Motrin? She also has a real bad sore throat. Took her to the doctor, and rapid stress is negative. Doctor said that the "fever" will last "a few more days". If anyone has had this flu with the high fever and real sore throat, can you tell me how long the fever portion lasts? She doesn't have too bad of a cough, but she does cough at times. I can't seem to get her fever under 102.4. I am in North Carolina.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2003, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

It will normally take up to two weeks to get over the flu totally, but the worst should be over within a week.

If you son has a very high fever and a very sore throat, then I would strongly suggest that you give him homeopathic Belladonna in a 6 or 30c potency. It is not harmful at all and you can get this from a healthfood store and just give him 3 tablets a day dissolved under the tongue for two to three days and see if this helps the symptoms.

Please try this, as it is certainly better than giving Tylenol. Also, a fever happens for a reason and that is to burn off pyrogens which are fever causing agents and should not be interfered with. It is all part of the natural healing process and it will reduce on its own without intervention.

Please try and Belladonna though as it definitely sounds like the indicated remedy to me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-13-2003, 06:38 AM   #3

sickpuppy HB User
Hi, Thanks for your answers. She seems a little better today (day five..no fever this morning) Yesterday, her temp was at 102.6. It's weird because it keeps spiking from normal to 102 or 103. Her runny nose and cough have set in pretty bad now.

I have heard a little about belladonna. Please tell me more. I thought it was a poison.

Thanks for your reply

Old 02-13-2003, 08:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Belladonna is a poison, but if taken in homeopathic potency then it is not at all and is curative for sudden onset high fevers and very sore throats.

Get some from your local healthfood store. They sell homeopathic remedies there. This will definitely bring the fever down and help the sore throat. Given it as I suggested in my previous post.

If the cough progresses more and becomes thick with green/yellow mucus, then you may also need to give some Pulsatilla after the Belladonna.

Good luck.

Closed Thread