It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2003, 06:52 AM   #1

LemonMon HB User
Exclamation unclogg my ear without the doctor, PLEASE!!!

My left ear has been clogged for almost a week. This happened once before a few months ago but it just went away after a week and a half. I reallllllly need to unclogg this ear without going to the doctor. I need to unclogg it now! It's been reaaaaalllly annoying me! Please help! please...I can't take any more of this!

Old 02-18-2003, 07:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hmm, i've heard white vinegar helps for clogged ears but have never tried it so I'd be wary.

I remember I had swimmers ear once and I held my nose and blew and it felt so good straight away. I've heard that this ain't too good if you blow too hard too.

What about going to the chemist? They might have some over the counter stuff you could use.

Or...see that doctor of yours...it would be the best option.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2003, 08:58 PM   #3

fluffyrat HB User
I'm with Dramaqueen. I mean, why CAN'T you see the doctor?

Old 03-01-2003, 06:33 AM   #4

LemonMon HB User
Red face

I did see a doctor. It's not earwax and i guess it's not water either. He said it was pressure due to congestion. It switched to the other ear and now it's been both for two days. This has been going on now for like 3 weeks, it's ridiculous...it's driving me insane...can anyone help?

Old 03-01-2003, 09:21 AM   #5
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Question

If there's nothing wrong with the ears then sometimes these symptoms are caused by the tmj muscles being tight and preventing the eustachian tube from opening normally. You would need to find a massage therapist who knows how to release the pterygoid muscles and get several treatments.

------------------
~p

Old 03-09-2003, 03:00 PM   #6

Lindsaybear HB User
if you have cotton balls and peroxide then you are set. if you tilt your clogged ear up put 4 drops in your ear and let it bubble for a bit then tilt your head to let the peroxide drain out of your ear. if its still clogged after 5 min then repeat. if it gets worst then go to the doctor. dont use q -tips because it will just push the wax down more in your ear and make it harder for it to come out. good luck.

Old 03-09-2003, 08:53 PM   #7

heavenz HB User
Peroxide and q-tips are probably the best for that. fill the peroxide cap with half of peroxide and dilute the rest with water , Tilt your head and put a drop of the water/peroxide in your ear with a q tip.. keep your head tilted for 5 seconds and tilt your head the other way to drain it . Hope this helped you!

------------------
-christina (heavenz)

Old 04-03-2003, 05:13 PM   #8
Veteran

mjmaciver HB User
vinegar and rubbing alcohol half and half and then a cotton ball in your ear. the solution evapourates water and the cotton ball absorbs the vapour

Old 04-05-2003, 07:38 PM   #9
Veteran

camden HB User
Have you tried a nasal spray? I'm not sure about the non-prescription ones, but my ears used to plug up on and off for short stretches for years. I finally went to the doctor and was prescribed a nasal spray. He said it was probably congestion due to smoking and that I'de probably have to quit smoking or use the spray forever. I used it for a month, it cleared it up and I haven't had a problem since(it's been a couple of years now).

Old 04-11-2003, 04:37 PM   #10

Jolinar HB User
My husband has been having a similar problem. The pharmacist recommended suphedrine decongestant to him, but he's found that Chlor-Trimeton has worked better. If the problem is caused by ear congestion, this should work for you, too.

------------------

Old 04-14-2003, 08:42 PM   #11

Chrislynn HB User
Smile

If your ear still seems clogged even though the doctor says it is not wax, that's wrong. Everyone has wax/debris build up in their ears. It is so deep, you cannot see it all. Ear Coning is the best way to go. I was skeptical at first and even nervous and after I had it done, I was amazed and I have even done it on my mother's ears and she was amazed with the results. My ears were blocked with wax so bad that I had severe facial and head pain along with decreased hearing and the constant noise of wax/dirt/hair spray debris moving around in my ears. This procedure can be done at home and takes about 10 minutes per ear. The ear cone looks like a candle but is not wax, it is a material that burns evenly. You place the candle in your ear (not far in) and light the other end that is sticking out. (Of course, someone else will have to do this for you) The cones acts like a vacuum and literally sucks out all the wax and debris in your ear. This procedure can be done once every 6 months. I tried everything before this. Peroxide, Debrox and even painful irrigation and spooning at the dr.'s office. Cones costs around $10 at Hi-Health or similar type of health food store and come with instructions. You will also need to buy the oil they sell with it to drop in your ear to soften the wax. It's less expensive than a doctor visit and much more effective.

[This message has been edited by Chrislynn (edited 04-15-2003).]

Old 04-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #12

LemonMon HB User
It is NOT wax. There is fluid behind my ear drums. I won't get into the details of all i've been through, but now I just have to wait for them to drain. I don't know exactly how it weas caused, a sinus infection perhaps. I have no pain in the sinus accupressure points since i have been on anti-biotics prescribed to me because my right ear became infected. The fluid seems to be draining, so hopefully I will be fine in a week or two.

Thank you everyone for replying with your advice, but at this point I would ask that all the ear wax comments cease because I know that it is fluid, not ear wax. thank you.

Old 05-07-2003, 09:28 PM   #13

action HB User
I used Bisolvin to get rid of the build up. My kids have had better luck with sudoephedrine compounds but they make my heart race so I dont use them.

Having only had the ear congestion as an adult I truly sympathise with all the kids who get middle ear infections on a regular basis but probably dont have the communication skills to let us know!

Closed Thread