It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2003, 10:04 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Post bad cough couldn't lay down to sleep

I am finally getting over one of the worst colds I have ever had. It's been 3 weeks now and I still have symptoms but hardly at all. My cough was so bad I could not lay down to try to sleep at night. As soon as I would lay down it was like my lungs were spasming. A couple times I even could not even breath in for a couple attempts. It was very painful. I did go to the doctor after having the coughing like that for about 3 days. She gave me an antibiotic and an inhaler. I felt alot better in about 2 days. I could actually lay down and get some sleep. That was like torture because I would get so tired but could not lay down. I tried to sleep sitting up one night but there was just no way. The doctor did a chest x-ray and my lungs were clear. I can't figure out why it felt like they were spasming like that. I coughed so hard the first night I had this problem before I figured out it was the laying down that made it worse I had sore stomach muscles. I coughed for about 4 hours straight. I am so glad it is almost gone. My lungs still do not feel totally normal it's almost like they were damaged a little from this and it will take time to heal. I do not smoke either in case you wondered.

Old 07-18-2003, 07:16 PM   #2

AntiSocial HB User
I'm 15 and I had something like that last year. When I lie down, all the mucus would accumulate in my throat and the next morning would be hell because I had to cough up all the mucus. It would be hard sleeping after a week of coughing because your stomach area would hurt so bad, and I had a fever with that too. It took me about a month to get better. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread