It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2003, 07:07 PM   #1

hope2663 HB User
Question Whats the best way to get rid of a head cold?

Can you take tylenol cold and sinus to get rid of a head cold? Are there things out there specifically for head colds? I always get these once a year and usually just let it pass, but I think this is the worst one yet, any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks. Also, what is the quickest way to clear up your nose? Hot baths work, but unfortunately I cant sit in one all day!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2003, 03:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

Sarah68 HB User
Talking

Actually, I would probably advise against taking Tynelol cold and sinus, as I am afraid to say that this will probably have totally the reverse effect of what you actually want.

What you actually want to do is to draw this out, however taking a cold and sinus treatment is likely to push it all deeper inside and just make you more blocked up and make your problems worse generally.

If sitting in a warm bath helps, then what you need to do is to go out and buy some Olbas Oil. This contains Eucoplyptus and other things and what you should do is get a bowl of steaming water and add the Olbas Oil. You should then put your head over the bowl with a towel over your head or around it and breathe in deeply. Doing this will release any mucus and should help to clear your head a lot. Try doing this at least twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. In between times however, you can take the Olbas Oil to work with you and can sprinkle some on some tissues and inhale it like this to help keep your passages free.

This is the best thing that I know for clearing the head and blowing cobwebs away like this.

Also consider taking some Echinacea Tincture or Vitamin C to give your immune system a boost. If you do this your are more likely to recover quickly.

Also, keep an eye on your diet and eat plenty of fruit and veg and a good all round and balanced diet. Good nutrition also helps. You also need to ensure that you are drinking enough fluid too. Water will help to decrease mucus build ups. You also need to avoid things like coffee, which can add to your problems.

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2003, 04:52 AM   #3

Puckerupxox HB User
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah68
Actually, I would probably advise against taking Tynelol cold and sinus, as I am afraid to say that this will probably have totally the reverse effect of what you actually want.

What you actually want to do is to draw this out, however taking a cold and sinus treatment is likely to push it all deeper inside and just make you more blocked up and make your problems worse generally.

If sitting in a warm bath helps, then what you need to do is to go out and buy some Olbas Oil. This contains Eucoplyptus and other things and what you should do is get a bowl of steaming water and add the Olbas Oil. You should then put your head over the bowl with a towel over your head or around it and breathe in deeply. Doing this will release any mucus and should help to clear your head a lot. Try doing this at least twice daily, once in the morning and once in the evening. In between times however, you can take the Olbas Oil to work with you and can sprinkle some on some tissues and inhale it like this to help keep your passages free.

This is the best thing that I know for clearing the head and blowing cobwebs away like this.

Also consider taking some Echinacea Tincture or Vitamin C to give your immune system a boost. If you do this your are more likely to recover quickly.

Also, keep an eye on your diet and eat plenty of fruit and veg and a good all round and balanced diet. Good nutrition also helps. You also need to ensure that you are drinking enough fluid too. Water will help to decrease mucus build ups. You also need to avoid things like coffee, which can add to your problems.

Good luck
hi i have a qustion i am also sick with a bad cold, why stay away from coffe when u have a cold?

Closed Thread