It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2003, 12:05 PM   #1

abhairgirl HB User
Smile cold or warm mist humidifier????

I was wondering if someone could recommed a hummidifier to me.Evertime i get a chest cold it goes into bronchitis.I have heard that running a humidifier is suppose to help.I am wanting to know which is better a cold or warm mist?

Old 10-19-2003, 08:10 PM   #2

Qtpye HB User

Last edited by Qtpye; 01-10-2004 at 05:24 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2003, 12:38 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Cold Mist Hummidifier with Peroxide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhairgirl
I was wondering if someone could recommed a hummidifier to me.Evertime i get a chest cold it goes into bronchitis.I have heard that running a humidifier is suppose to help.I am wanting to know which is better a cold or warm mist?
I've heard some people use a cold mist hummidifier with one part 3% hydrogen peroxide to eight parts water, and gargle with one part 3% peroxide to one part water, to treat ailments such as throat infections and colds.

I've tried it myself, at one time, to treat sinus infections. It did not help with my sinus infections, so I stopped using it. I've also tried 3% peroxide in a hot mist, but it did not solve my sinus infection problems either.

Finally, I found a way of "upside down" irrigating with a diluted peroxide mix, which totally cured my sinus infection problems.

If you want to read more about cool-mist vaporizers and peroxide, do a search with Google, using ---> peroxide cool-mist vaporizer

Old 11-13-2003, 06:05 AM   #4

confusedbody HB User
humidifier warning!

Regardless of which type you use, make sure to empty it and clean it thoroughly every day, otherwise you're just growing and blowing more infectious bacteria at yourself.

Old 11-13-2003, 08:32 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by confusedbody
Regardless of which type you use, make sure to empty it and clean it thoroughly every day, otherwise you're just growing and blowing more infectious bacteria at yourself.
You're probably right, but I didn't bother to clean it, other than to just empty it. I use hydrogen peroxide in the humidifier, so I figure that it is self cleaning. I use peroxide to clean shower mold, my hands, pour it in my drains, and use it to flood my sinuses when I get a sinus infection. Great stuff!

Also, the humidifier/evaporator comes with a sponge that needs to be replaced every so often. Instead of the sponge, I take a new handkerchief, cut it in half, slice little, skinny, 1" sections out of it, so that the air can pass through it, and I don't have to buy costly replacement sponges.

But..... thanks for the warning about possible problems with bacteria.

Closed Thread