It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2005, 03:25 PM   #1
(female)

Rachel123 HB User
Does the flu shot REALLY work?

Hey everyone ... im really sick concious and afraid to throw up? DOes the flu shot really work?? please help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 04:01 PM   #2
(female)

uglynow HB User
Re: Does the flu shot REALLY work?

I've heard you're not supposed to get the shot once you're sick (or WHILE you're sick)
Personally - I don't believe in the flu-shot, unless you have immune deficiencies or if you're an elderly person.
I can totally commiserate with you on throwing up, it FREAKS me out too, but if it happens, not much we can do about it - Just take lots of liquids (water, OJ, Carrot Juice, etc) eat fresh fruits and lots of chicken soup!
I hope you feel better soon!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2005, 04:59 PM   #3
(female)

Rachel123 HB User

well im not sick now its just i got REALLY sick last year! Is it likly ill get the stomache flu twice in a row? or should a say year?

Old 09-13-2005, 07:21 AM   #4

kiki lou HB User

Stomach flu is not the "flu" for which they vaccinate people. Flu, or influenza is a respiratory illness.

IMO, the flu shot is a lot less effective than using hot water, soap, and simple precautions like STAYING HOME if you're sick! Besides it being a crap shoot as to whether or not the right viruses were put into the vaccine, there are additives like mercury and other toxins which can cause severe health problems in and of themselves.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:41 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

The flu vaccine does not always work - a lot of people still get the flu despite vaccination (and I still wonder if they get it from the shot O.O) And as far as getting it two years in a row, it is possible - I had the flu three years in a row because I believe that the vaccine was pointless. Of course, it was much worse for me because I continued to go to school despite my sickness because I was too stubborn to stay home

Obviously, you can't be a hermit for the entire flu season; Kiki Lou gave you some good advice. Wash your hands often - I don't know if hand sanitizer has the exact same effects, otherwise I'd recommend that too. In the end, though, I think it's all a matter of chance when it comes to contracting the influenza virus, whether or not you've been vaccinated.

Good luck to you - I hope you stay healthy.

Old 09-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #6
(female)

uglynow HB User

Well,
I've had the flu almost every year! It sucks, but I've never really gotten sick to my stomach because of it (thank goodness!) maybe after a few days of coughing like crazy and taking meds, will make my tummy a bit upset but nothing really bad. And for the record, everyone who got the flu-shot at work got sick anyway.

Like Kiki Lou said, they're pretty much two separate ailments. Just watch what you eat and always make sure you wash your hands.

Last year there were a bunch of people sick with the stomach flu in my office and luckily I didn't get it (phew!)
but not so lucky with the regular flu

Good Luck!

Closed Thread