It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2005, 11:29 AM   #1
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User
symptoms..dizzy/lightheaded, pressure in face-ears...

have been fighting something for aobut 2 weeks now......started out with a cold.....stuffed nose....then pressure in my nose, upper teeth and forehead...now pressure in neck and ears.....still very lightheaded occasionally. called dr to tell him i probably have a sinus infection..put me on zithromax as the antibiotic and some type of pseudoephredrine drug....most of my cold symptoms ahve cleared, but i'm still lightheaded and have the pressure in my face....getting scared...could this be something more?

have a wedding..my sister's to go to this coming weekend......nervous about making it down the aisle!

thansk.

Old 10-16-2005, 04:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: symptoms..dizzy/lightheaded, pressure in face-ears...

How long have you been on the antibiotic?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxgirl73
have been fighting something for aobut 2 weeks now......started out with a cold.....stuffed nose....then pressure in my nose, upper teeth and forehead...now pressure in neck and ears.....still very lightheaded occasionally. called dr to tell him i probably have a sinus infection..put me on zithromax as the antibiotic and some type of pseudoephredrine drug....most of my cold symptoms ahve cleared, but i'm still lightheaded and have the pressure in my face....getting scared...could this be something more?

have a wedding..my sister's to go to this coming weekend......nervous about making it down the aisle!

thansk.
Have you been back in to see the doctor? I would try and get back in, so that you might be correctly dx'd before the weekend.

Could it be that you have a sinus infection? Or allergies that are causing your symptoms? The pressure you feel is it all over your face and is it achy at the same time, like a bad case of TMJ? When do you feel lightheaded? What are you doing when it happens? The pressure in you ears, can you describe it?

I'm no doctor, but can be helpful, uvm

Old 10-19-2005, 06:58 AM   #4
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User

hi...i'm going today (this afternoon) since dr wouldn't prescribe me anything stronger until he saw me which i will feel better anyway once he does actually check me out.

symptoms are either stuffed nose or runny nose....usually stuffed at night and runny during the day (if that). coughing a bit-a dry cough and has been all the time i've had this. pressure in my head is either around my ears where they connect to your jaw or on the sides of my forehead right by the bones that connect to my eyebrows. have some headaches occassionally and stiff or sore neck. have not had a fever. lightheadedness can be at any time...yesterday i felt really off in the am but felt a bit better during the afternoon. i really think the lightheadness stems from my pressure. none of the pressure is really painful. last week it did hurt to touch the center of my forehead but that is gone. oh, the roof of my mouth and nose feel pressurized at times too.

i'm assuming this is sinus or allergy related....never had allergies before.

Old 10-19-2005, 08:21 AM   #5
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
hi...i'm going today (this afternoon) since dr wouldn't prescribe me anything stronger until he saw me which i will feel better anyway once he does actually check me out.

symptoms are either stuffed nose or runny nose....usually stuffed at night and runny during the day (if that). coughing a bit-a dry cough and has been all the time i've had this. pressure in my head is either around my ears where they connect to your jaw or on the sides of my forehead right by the bones that connect to my eyebrows. have some headaches occassionally and stiff or sore neck. have not had a fever. lightheadedness can be at any time...yesterday i felt really off in the am but felt a bit better during the afternoon. i really think the lightheadness stems from my pressure. none of the pressure is really painful. last week it did hurt to touch the center of my forehead but that is gone. oh, the roof of my mouth and nose feel pressurized at times too.

i'm assuming this is sinus or allergy related....never had allergies before.
Sure glad your seeing the doc today. Hope that he'll fix you up so your weekend with your sister and family will be fantastic!

It seems allergies are the signs of the times. uvm

Old 10-19-2005, 08:33 AM   #6
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User

i really hope taht's all it is.....you know the internet can be very useful at times but also make a worrier much worse.....i'm reading some of these peoples' stories that these symptoms have gone undiagnosed for months or years...with no resolution! i just hope that's not my case....it seems clear that it has to be sinus or allergy related since i did at one point have a very stuffed nose and was cold and hot.......

this lightheaded thing...is that really a symptom of sinus or allergy?

Old 10-20-2005, 07:39 AM   #7
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User

went to dr yesterday afternoon.....temp was 99 and no real signs of congestion left. slight cough. pressure in head, nose and roof of mouth was still there and so was lightheadedness...

after thoroughly checking me, he discovered fluid in my ears which is more than likely leftover from the sinus issue/cold issue. that's more than likely what's causing my lightheadeness and gave me Zyrtec D to help dry up the fluid in my ears and the sinuses so i no longer have the pressure or the lightheadness. no lightheadeness so far today....keeping fingers crossed that all i needed was a different decongestant with antihistimine.

need to be good for my sister's wedding this saturday!

Old 10-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #8
(female)

ukiahvalleymom HB User

Quote:
went to dr yesterday afternoon.....temp was 99 and no real signs of congestion left. slight cough. pressure in head, nose and roof of mouth was still there and so was lightheadedness...

after thoroughly checking me, he discovered fluid in my ears which is more than likely leftover from the sinus issue/cold issue. that's more than likely what's causing my lightheadeness and gave me Zyrtec D to help dry up the fluid in my ears and the sinuses so i no longer have the pressure or the lightheadness. no lightheadeness so far today....keeping fingers crossed that all i needed was a different decongestant with antihistimine.

need to be good for my sister's wedding this saturday!
Truly glad, that you went to your doctor, and that you are feeling better already, sure hope that your fever will go down as well. It sure is great to hear that it is only remnants of the previous sinus/cold issue. I bet you feel so much relief.

Have a great time at the wedding! uvm

Old 10-20-2005, 09:13 AM   #9
Veteran

boxgirl73 HB User

thanks uvm!

hope i continue NOT being lightheaded and it's really the meds that are working!

Closed Thread