It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2005, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

r0cky HB User
how can I tell if I'm getting better?

I've had a bad, bad cold since last Wednesday (but it only really turned into major congestion on Saturday). Fearing that I was on the way to a sinus infection and not wanting antibiotics again (had some about a month ago for a throat thing), I read the forums here and researched some and tried that SinuCleanse thing. I did it three times yesterday and it helped at least to allow me to sleep a little.

This weekend when I'd blow my nose, at times it would be a little thicker than usual and yellow. In the past, I'd have assumed automatically SINUS INFECTION ... but having read up about it online, apparently the yellow drainage is often just part of a bad cold, and isn't necessarily indicative of a sinus infection. Still though, I've grown up associating yellow sinus drainage with sinus infections, so in the back of my mind I'm still a little scared.

Anyway, last night was the first night that I actually slept, and could breathe decently. This morning I woke up and did the SinuCleanse again and blew out a little more yellow ... I do have a headache, but aside from that, I really thought yesterday/last night that I was starting to get better.

Now I'm not so sure. If I go to the doctor, she'll give me antibiotics automatically. But I truly don't want to take them if there is any chance that this is just a cold, or that whatever it is is slowly going away.

So my question is, how can I tell if I'm truly getting better? Is it possible that I was able to breathe better only because the congestion I was having is just stuck somewhere encrusting my sinus cavities? I know that sounded way more gross than I had intended. Sorry!

Any help/advice would be so greatly appreciated ... I had such high hopes in the middle of the night when I could turn over and sleep on my side again without suffocating or inhaling my pillow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread