It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2006, 07:03 PM   #1
(female)

aarons_mommy HB User
Unhappy coughing up cold & blood?

just wondeing if anyone else here that has had a bad cold/flu/virus has coughted up a lot of white cold? and some cold with a little blood in it? in december about the 26th i stated getting sick with what i thought was the flu. i had severe congestion and hoarseness, and just plain fatigue and all. it started out with me going to the bathroom every minute. i thought it was something i ate at first. that lasted a while with what i thought was the flu. then a couple of weeks later i'm hit with this terrible fatigue. it's so bad that i had trouble gettin gout of bed and just walking to the bathroom or kitchen. it felt like i was goign to fall out. i even had anxiety from it all worrying about if something serious was wrong. i went to the docs and they couldnt find anything. thehy only said it must be just me getting over that flu thing i had and that it must be the ligering effects of it. my back and stuff hurt me a lot too. it felt even stiff to move at times. i finally started feeling better last week. but tonight i have not been feeling good. i have been going to the bathroom a lot cause my stomach keeps hurting. i've been like 5 times already. and then i have this cold in my throat so i have been coughing it up. its white cold. later i coughed up some cold and threw up a little and i noticed some blood in the toilet and then in the sink when i coughed up more cold. now i'm really worried. what is causing this? and my stomach keeps hurting off and on and i have to run to the bathroom. i'm not sure if its another cold or if i'm having allergies cause i have sneezed a few times and blow my nose and coughed up this but then thers some blood in it. also i had some anxiety again earlier and my heart was racing. ive been known to have anxiety though and dont know if it is related to this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 07:42 PM   #2
(male)

Johndg2 HB User
Re: coughing up cold & blood?

It sounds like you have been sick for a long time. I've been sick now for 23 days. As with you, I think it started out with a stomach virus, becuase I was in the bathroom all night long on Dec 28th. And I too started feeling better slowly, after about 3-4 days regaining my health, and stamina. But after that the fatigue stayed, along with headaches, and general achey feeling. I dont know how bad you feel. But you should definately take it really easy, especially since you are coughing up blood. I would go to a different doctor too and see what he says. Try some homeopathic remedies.
I'm not sure what I got, but it was/is a nasty virus(i think). Also, it is possible that you or I have more than one infection going on at one time.
Hope you get to feeling better.

Last edited by Johndg2; 01-21-2006 at 07:42 PM.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #3
(female)

aarons_mommy HB User
Unhappy Re: coughing up cold & blood?

thanks. i'm sorry yo've been sick so long. this sucks. i really want to sleep but every time i try to sleep i wake up w/myheart racing and i start having anxiety cause of it. but i didnt have this problem much before i got very sick. so i can't hardly get any sleep. unless i stay up real real late until i can't help but go to sleep. i'm so tired. lol

Old 01-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

have you been to a doctor? If not you really should. sounds like you need a antibiotic.

Old 02-12-2006, 08:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

engineer1961 HB Userengineer1961 HB User

Don't stress to bad over the blood it's just from coughing really hard and breaking some tiny blood vessels in the lungs 9aleast that's what mine was ) .It' happens everytime i get broncitus or phnemonia. Get better soon!!

Old 02-13-2006, 06:03 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

You probably need to see a doctor. I had this going on a month and I finally took some antibiotics and it did the trick.

I needed the antibiotics and an inhaler to get the junk out of my chest.

I felt weak for about 6 weeks and I am finally better at 8 weeks.

I hope that you can see someone who can help.

Closed Thread