It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 01:02 PM   #1

LF HB User
General anasthetic & having a Cold

Hi. My son is booked in for an operation on Monday morning, but he's starting to come down with a cold. He's very congested, starting to sniff and the odd sneeze.

We have already had to cancel the operation 3 weeks ago because he had a cold & we're desperate to get it done as it's starting to turn into a nightmare.

Does anyone know what the real dangers are of a child (2.5 years old) being put under when he's just had a cold? We're giving him vitamins and tixilix to try and help him get over it before tomorrow - when we have to phone the hospital to tell them how he his.

I'm also wondering if anyone has any advice on what to do. We're quite anxious to get the operation done as it's been dragging on since last year, but obviously, we don't want to put our son in any danger.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread