It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 04:35 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

jbsim HB Userjbsim HB User
Unhappy having tightness in chest with wheezing on inhaling also itchy lungs and throat help!

I went to er 5 days ago because of the fact I couldnt breath and was wheezing on inhalation (deep breaths only). I have this tight feeling in my chest and itchy in my lungs,throat and ear. Dr did xray and breathing test all looked good. Gave me antibiotics and cough syrup. He said its bronchitus. Well last night It happened again and its still going on this morning. I will be going back to dr today because its scaring me. Could this be allergic reaction to something whats with the inside itchness??? Any ideas whats wrong with me I am taking my last antibiotic today. Thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Re: having tightness in chest with wheezing on inhaling also itchy lungs and throat h

Well here I am one year later and I have the same thing today! Last year I ended up taking predisone and singulair. I have a script for singulair I think I will take it tonight. Still no clear answer on what this is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 AM   #3
(female)

tewiie HB User
Re: having tightness in chest with wheezing on inhaling also itchy lungs and throat h

hey i get this around this time my doctor said it was a bad cause of hayfever, and i was but on strong medication for that. Not saying thats what you have but i always get it around this time especially the itching in my ears, back of my throat and lungs!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
(female)

sail28 HB User

My duaughter (16) has been having similar symptoms since January. She's had chronic urticaria (hives) for 7 years, and in January started getting a sensation of pressure in her chest, with occasional itching. She also is experiencing itching in her throat, but no swelling.

Did you ever find what was causing your symptoms?

Old 05-17-2008, 06:56 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Yes allergies I now have to take Zyrtec and Flonase from Feb until the end of may. Turns out I am highly allergic to Cockroaches,Cats,Dogs,Pollen and molds yuk......... Was able to keep it under control this year yeah!!!!!

Old 05-18-2008, 04:16 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

I am sorry you have all those allergies. But at least you know. I have been so sick since Christmas dealing with allergy symptoms, then bronchitis, now a sinus infection, 3 different antibiotics, and a cough that is killing me.

As soon as I am off the antibio I am going for allergy screening. No telling what I am allergic to but I don't care. i will do whatever it takes to stay well next year.

I line up my meds now, and 5 months ago I took nothing each morning. do the neti pot the first thing,
I take claritin, nasonex, antibiotic, probiotic, vitamin pill, apple cider vinegar in v8 juice. Ridiculous. Still not free of the cough, but boy do I feel better. It only took 4 months to get me well after the first dr visit!! And a cat scan to prove I had a sinus infect.

Closed Thread