It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
(male)

donsjsu HB User
Stomach flu and noises

It all started Monday. I woke up in the middle of the night (5am) and I was freezing cold but my body was warm and I thought to myself "Oh great I think i'm getting a flu now." I stayed in bed the whole day and got a lot of rest. I went #2 and it was solid (no pun intended). Then the next day I woke up I felt a lot better, felt like my virus had gone away. I had diarrhea all day. Sometimes I would finish and I would have to go again within minutes. I had no stomach pains whatsoever. I had no appetite the whole day either.

Now what bothers me is all this constant stomach noises! Especially when I sleep I can hear and feel the bubbling and stuff. It is quite loud and noticeable too. I don't know if this has to do with a stomach virus or me not eating the last couple days or the meds I've been taking (just some tyenol, flu pills). I don't know if I should weather out the storm and see if it will stop on its own or see a doc.
PS. Is there some over the counter stuff that I can take to help too?
PSS. I still have Diarrhea but not as constant. Maybe once an hour.
Thanks for reading

Old 04-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #2
(female)

seagoddess HB User
Re: Stomach flu and noises

i woke up at 4:30 am this morning with diarrhea and all of the stomach noises you describe. i think it is mostly gas caused by the stomach virus. don't worry about it, it will go away when the virus dies off....which could take up to 2 weeks! the main thing is to drink a lot of fluid so that you don't get dehydrated.

good luck, fellow sufferer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 12:00 AM   #3
(male)

donsjsu HB User

Thanks for replying, I do appreciate it.
I took some Maalox and it temporarly solved the bubbling rumbling noises. Now I just have diarrhea maybe every hour. My stomach still doesn't hurt and I don't have much of an appitite. I'll try to drink lots of fluid. Is there any benefits of warm drinks like tea over just water?

My stomach just gave a hunger growl so maybe that's a good sign.

Old 04-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #4
(female)

seagoddess HB User

tea might be too strong unless it is an herbal tea such as peppermint or chamomile. they are soothing to the stomach. i am better today, but still lots of burbling and other noises. i am drinking 7 up and water and chicken broth and eating toast and that is about it right now. i am going to try some scrambled eggs later. i hope you feel better soon.

Old 04-06-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
(male)

donsjsu HB User

Hi,
I feel a lot better today 2 Pepto Bismol pills when needed really helps.
I woke up early again today, 5am, go to the bathroom once, then again after 10 mins.
Later in the day I went to the store and got some gatorade to rehydrate.
I also did some research and thres some food to help the diarrhea. Yogort, bananas, apples, lentil/chicken soup, rice etc. Theres a Apple cider vinegar supposively rids your diarrhea fairly quitely also. I couldn't find it at my local Albertsons though.
Hope you get through yours soon

Old 04-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #6
(female)

seagoddess HB User

i tried to get apple cider vinegar at the grocery store also. the best thing is Braggs apple cider vinegar and you usually need to get that at a health food store. i was hoping my diarrhea would be gone today, but nope, it is still with me. this is a harsh bug.

Old 04-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
(female)

seagoddess HB User

if you start running a low fever, let me know. i just started this p.m., sneezing and low fever and feel tired.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:17 PM   #8
(male)

donsjsu HB User

eek
Have you tried taking Pepto Bismol? That really helped me. Get a lot of rest. Stay in bed for a day this weekend and watch tv. You should feel better. Wear warm clothing too.

When I wore some sweats and a sweater to sleep, I woke up in the middle of the night and my sweater was damp around the neck area. I got up to changed my shirt and I noticed my initial flu was gone. I sweated it out or something.
I haven't had diarrhea from the morning on Thurs. But I haven't been to the bathroom since either. I've gotten my appitite back and get hungry like normal now. Stay hydrated.
We'll beat this bug.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM   #9
(female)

seagoddess HB User

thanks for the reply. my diarrhea is gone also, but if i try to eat anything other than really bland stuff, i get nausea and heartburn, so i am trying to be careful. i still have some of the grumbly noises occasionally and a little discomfort. i just took a Pepcid complete to deal with the heartburn! i am going to bed early and sleep late! my little granddaughter is still having trouble too. she got it first, so it hangs on for a while. i hope you take your best advice and rest this weekend also!

Old 04-11-2006, 02:07 PM   #10
(male)

Yikes777 HB User

What part of the country are you guys from? I'm in the Chicago area and there has been a stomach virus going around here.

I had classic symptoms (chills, feverish achy and frequent trips to the old bathroom but no high fever over 99.5) for 24 hours late Saturday night through Sunday. I felt like I was on the mend all day yeaterday and ate a decent dinner. Today I woke feeling like I was sick and this afternoon back to the bathroom. ARRGGH.

My sinuses have been bothering me quite a bit as well. Maybe a sinus infection gone crazy? Who knows...

Ideas?

Thanks

Jack

Old 04-16-2006, 02:40 PM   #11
(female)

seagoddess HB User

i am in CA. it is going around again. sigh.

Closed Thread