It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
(male)

scott1360 HB User
Sore Throat and Headache for a week now...

Last Thursday I woke up with pain around my forehead and inner eyes and slowly developed a sick feeling and scratchy throat throughout the day. When I woke up Friday I had a massive sore throat and the headache had now spread through my head and centered in the back. I also felt slightly feverish and generally achy throughout my body. I took advil and this made me feel almost completely better. I continued this cycle of feeling bad and then taking advil until Monday morning (by the way I havent had a complete night's sleep since Wednesday night). Finally on Monday I went into a walk in clinic and got seen. The doctor did the rapid strep test and said I was "weakly" positive and started me on penacillan VK. I have now been on the medication for over 48 hours (the time everyone says you should be feeling better) and I still have the sore throat, headache and general aches and pains. The thing that is scaring me the most is I have had a headache almost constantly (except when the advil takes away some of the pain) for a full week now. I also noticed the other day I have a solid bump on my neck in between my right jaw and spine right at the hairline despite only haveing symptoms, the sore throat, on the opposite side. My question is is this normal? I am starting to get scared because I have never had a viral/bacterial infection like this for this length of time and everything I read on the internet says I should be getting better by this point. Also, the strep diagnosis seems off to me because I didnt suddenly get a bad sore throat and it was more gradual. I am seeing my regular doctor tomorrow but I am afraid he is going to tell me its viral and I just have to wait it out. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any advice?

The Following User Says Thank You to scott1360 For This Useful Post:
coolchris2100 (06-12-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread