It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
(male)

Leahcim HB User
Cold turned into bad cough - coughing up blood sometimes

Hello everyone.

Well i had this cold on wednesday night but gradually turned into a cough which has gradually gotten worst.

I ve had a headache for most of it, feel light headed/dizzy, lack of energy, waking up at night etc.I did feel sick yesterday but wasn't sick. I have been coughing up blood aswell but it seems only in the morning when i wake up. I do smoke but i haven't recently. any ideas? bad cold? or something else?

Last edited by Leahcim; 10-08-2006 at 06:39 AM.

Old 10-08-2006, 01:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: Cold turned into bad cough - coughing up blood sometimes

It must be the good English weather, I started with a runny nose on friday and on saturday also got a sore throat and my head is sore, Well this morning I cough and it had blood in!!
Now its sunday eve and I am feeling like crap I feel like its going onto my chest ,Ido worry about my health as I already have a underactive thyroid and have been feeing ill with many problems, I have been having real bad pain under my ribs for 9 months and am still having tests.

I hope you are feeling better...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #3
(female)

skater_gurl HB User

My brother had the same ting and he was smoking the same time so i think that's wat it is from.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

Yeah smoking does cause a real bad cough, so I wouldnt be smoking again if I were you!

As for the actual cough.today I had a horrible cough (caused by a cold, not smoking) and I worked out a way to stop the cough. Well, it worked for me anyway.

All day I consistantly drank hot lemon drinks with honey. Basically, boiled water with a few squirts of lemon and a couple of teaspoons of honey. I would take a sip everytime I felt a cough coming on. I also had a hankerchief with eucalyptus oil on it, and would take a sniff of that every now and then.

I did this consistantly for a couple of hours and my cough went away..

Oh and I think you should see a doctor..I was always told if you start coughing up blood that could be a throat infection, so you should see your doctor if its gotten that bad.

Last edited by Baby_hands; 11-19-2006 at 02:24 AM.

Old 12-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User

Coughing up blood is serious. Get to a doctor to get checked out soon.

Old 12-06-2006, 02:39 PM   #6
(female)

___vintaqe HB User

I would agree that coughing up blood is definitely a serious thing. I went to the hospital because of a really bad flu I've been experiencing and when I told them I was coughing up blood [even though I am a smoker] they put a mask on me, and on themselves and put me in an isolation room in the intensive cardiac unit thinking that I had Tuberculosis [turns out I don't, thank God.] you might want to see a doctor.

Closed Thread