It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
Red face Sore throat with spots?

For the past 2 to 3 days I have had a sore throat. At first it felt like it was just my post nasal drip acting up ad irritating my throat and causing it to feel like there is a lump in it. The lump feeling has gone away however I think I might have small little spots on the back of my throat. The spots aren't white like in tonsillitis, but a lighter skin color. My throat is sore and it feels better while I am eating the pain almost goes away. I don't have a fever and I don't really feel like I have a cold, I do have the sniffles a little bit though. I do have asthma and it hasn't affect my lungs either. As for what I am trying is : I take Airborne a couple times a day and at night I take NightQuil (to help me get some zzzzs ), I also use cough drops to sooth my throat.

I was curious if anyone had a clue about what's going on in my throat??

Also I do not have health insurance at this time and I am heading for an appointment Tuesday to start the paper work for setting up Medicaid.

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what can help fight this cold off??

Last edited by DanielleX51; 01-19-2007 at 09:20 PM.

Old 01-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

DanielleX51 HB User
Re: Sore throat with spots?

SO this morning I woke up with one clogged nostril and a mega sore throat. I had yellow goo come out of my nose when I blew. Of course my ears pop like crazy today and I have a headache. I took some Ibuprofen and an airborne. I can breathe now out of both fine and my throat is to bad I can swallow I just feel sore and kinda tired.
I also do not have I fever I took my temp and it was 95degrees.

Does anyone know any good remedies???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2007, 02:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

Do you still have your tonsils? Having spots on the back of your throat makes me think you could have tonsilitis.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:01 PM   #4
(male)

Charzuuk HB User

Strep makes spots... proof: My younger brother.

They grey spots are probably sores that are actually being eaten if it is bacterial, the fact you sound like you have a sinus infection makes it that much worse.

I recommend you go to a health center, explain your predicament, swallow the 120 dollar fee and see if they can give you Antibiotics as a "sample"

Otherwise I would have paid 300 when I had a severe infection last year.

Closed Thread