It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 03:50 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Strange cold...only half there

Last weekend I flew interstate for 4 days which was a lovely trip, but exhausting, and also I was on 2 flights in 4 days, the weather where I went was absolutely FREEZING, I was in and out of heating and then cold outside temperatures, I was in a hotel which was nice but the thermostat was always on and when I got home I found for days my nose was SO dry it would bleed sometimes, and I hardly ate any healthy food the whole time, AND my period arrived on the last day. So my immunity was obviously not the best.

So, on Thursday (I came back from the trip on Monday) I woke up with a sore, yuck throat, the kind I always get before I get a cold. Ugh.

Friday, the throat wasn't yuck anymore (the feeling of nasal mucous going down the back of your throat, the "runny" feeling), but now just really sore. No sign of a cold though (no nose symptoms) Slight dry cough started in response to the mucous coming from the "back" of the nose.

Saturday, (today) the throat is no longer sore at all, but now I have more of a dry cough and my nose isn't sneezy or sniffy or runny like it would usually be when I get a cold, but I still have the back of the nose/throat congestion going on, like if you sort of...this is disgusting, but "snort" and then swallow to relieve it, but it's still there? You know?

Is this a cold? Why is it not coming on like it always does? I'm GLAD it's not, cause I HATE sneezing and runny noses and stuff, but...I'm worried that it may still get to that stage and this pre-cold part is just dragging on for some reason.

Anyone get weird half colds like this and then they go away? (one time about a year ago I got the pre-cold yuck/sore throat, then woke up 2 days later and had the post-cold sort of scratchy throat I get after the cold's been and gone. So I actually skipped the cold itself. Woo hoo! LOL)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-25-2007, 12:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: Strange cold...only half there

How strange.........I just had one of those "half colds" and I'm over here in the U.S. I have been very busy and just got back from a trip and there's a lot of stress going on right now. I woke up a week ago Saturday with a sore throat and feeling achey. I thought I was getting a miserable cold but it never blossomed. I had the same symptoms as you and it's all going away now except for a little post nasal drip. Maybe that means our immune systems are strong Who knows.......just be thankful for small blessings

Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

stevie_23 HB Userstevie_23 HB User
Re: Strange cold...only half there

Well, actually now it's Wednesday and I did end up getting the nose part, dammit all! HATE that part! It came on around early Sunday night, but only on the left side of the nose. Then I felt ok on Monday, but yesterday it came to the right side of the nose and I was miserable again. Today I'm ok and I think finally over it. I can't believe how slow this cold was!!!!

Closed Thread