It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #1
(female)

Jarlena HB UserJarlena HB User
Stomach ache and headache that wont go away

Has anyone else on here been experiencing a stomach ache and headache, combined with body fatigue, dizzy spells, burning eyes and lightheadedness that comes and goes, but just doesnt ever really go away?

My sister and I have come down with what appears to be a 2 month long stomach (or other?) virus that will not let us go. I never heard of anything like this before, but am quite sure its viral. It is the worst feeling in the world and has affected my head and sinuses, and my stomach. Its in the upper part of my abdomen, Im nauseus, have heart burn, gassy and just feel, generally horrible. Can anyone else relate to this or is it just us?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 AM   #2
(male)

ParanoidJosh HB User
Re: Stomach ache and headache that wont go away

Have your dr. run bloodwork to see if your white count is elevated, after this I suggest that it could be lyme disease, or possibly signs of other serious conditions i recommend visiting ur GP

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #3
(female)

Dawn B. HB User

Hi Jarlena,
I seem to have the same thing. It's not Lymes. I first started getting it a month ago. Started with nausea, and terrible body aches. After a full week of that, it progressed to feeling like the flu. Sore glands in my neck, dizzy/woozy feeling in my head, mild odd headache. All I wanted to do was lay down. I also got a mild chest congestion. After 3 weeks, I thought I was getting over it, then last Monday my entire family got nausea, my son kept saying his tummy hurt, and it was like starting all over again. It's been a month now and I feel terrible. My doc just says 'yeah, there's some nasty stuff out there, rest'. Big help. My homeopath said she's seeing a lot of it, and it comes back just as soon as you think you are over it, but she also said I've had it longer than anyone else.
I had something like this earlier this year, lasted nearly 2 months!!!
VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #4
(female)

seagoddess HB User

i think i have the same thing. have any of you recovered yet? how long did it last?

Old 09-24-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

I have this also. How long does it take to improve?

Old 09-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #6
(female)

seagoddess HB User

for me, it lasted about 1.5 weeks of a very hard virus. now it has eased up and i mainly have head congestion, a bit of a cough and fatigue. my stomach is not quite back to normal either.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Thank you. I am going on a week now. Mostly, I just have the stomach ache with some queasiness. I am starting to get worried. I have never had anything last this long.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:36 PM   #8
(female)

floridian777 HB User

i think i have the same thing. i have pretty bad headaches and have dizzy spells that come and go. i also feel kind of queasy in my stomach. this has been going on for 2 days. doctors checked me out and couldnt find anything wrong with me. but if there is nothing wrong with me than why do i feel these pains???? there has to be a reason.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
(male)

eihcet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridian777 View Post
i think i have the same thing. i have pretty bad headaches and have dizzy spells that come and go. i also feel kind of queasy in my stomach. this has been going on for 2 days. doctors checked me out and couldn't find anything wrong with me. but if there is nothing wrong with me than why do i feel these pains???? there has to be a reason.
There was an adenovirus (suspected) that hit my family, and apparently got me the worst. I've been recovering since Oct of '07. Any of the original posters on this thread still having issues? Apparently for me it caused delayed motility issues (just recently diagnosed since there is a lot of other things to test for first). The stomach emptying slowly led to symptoms as you describe (and a few others). I've been getting better but it's been a long time.

Please note, this is not to cause worry, as 2 days (or even a week) is not at all indicative of what I have, but, along the way I learned a lot (and am sure there is a lot more I don't know). For example, you might just have typical gastritis (irritated stomach) from a virus. If your stomach is backed up or irritated it can cause all kinds of secondary symptoms. So you need to help it heal. If you have heartburn, you might take some OTC antacids like Pepcid AC or another H2 Blocker, it might help. Avoid medicines that (in general) irritate the stomach like Ibuprofin or other NSAID's.

Eat gentle, healthy foods for a while. Look up Gallbladder diet online and avoid the items on that list. Even if it's not at all your issue, the recommended foods are, in general, good for the Liver/GB function and keeping those organs healthy will help with healing. When you start to feel better you can introduce your other foods back in, etc.

Of course, if you are still concerned, aren't noticing any improvement day to day, or getting worse, go see your doctor for some further tests. If nothing else it'll help settle your mind that it's nothing serious. Worrying just makes it all that much worse.

Closed Thread