It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
(female)

Legsy03 HB User
Horrible phelgm taste in my moutn

I had a bad cold last week and I'm still getting over it. Now I've got a horrible phlegm taste in my mouth, that feels like its coming from my tonsils. My throat isn't sore and my tonsils aren't red or swollen (I had a look at them with a torch). It seems to be worse in the morning and at night but I can taste it there throughout the day. At times, the taste gets worse. I can aslo feel mucous in my mouth thats coming from my throat. Ive also got a strange cough that I can't shake - at times its dry and irritating but it can also be chesty. Also, I know this sounds disgusting but last week whenever I blew my nose, the snot was clear but now its a yellowy/green colour. Does this mean I've got an infection somewhere?? I don't feel sick enough to go to the doctor but I also don't feel right either.

Old 09-26-2007, 09:11 AM   #2
(female)

LoopyLou777 HB User
Re: Horrible phelgm taste in my moutn

Hi There!

I have posted the one where it says am i doing the right thing, if you read it it may help, but i'm suffering from the exact same thing! I get it every year!
I had to go to the Dr as i'm Asthmatic so it can get quite bad for me. Basically you can go without going to the Drs and suffer with it, Or the Dr will give you a weeks course of Antibiotics. It bugs me so i have to get some AntiB's to help clear it quicker, it's a virus i think but can go away on it's own if you can bare with it.

Hope this helps, Bare with it you'll be ok soon! Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #3
(female)

seagoddess HB User

don't worry about the mucus turning color. mine did the same thing and now it is clear again. it is a very nasty bug this year. i thought i was over it and now it has flared up again. good luck.

Old 10-05-2007, 06:31 AM   #4
(female)

Legsy03 HB User

I'm still having the phlegm taste in my mouth but not as bad as before. Also, the phlegm isn't as thick as it was before and its not green anymore (disgusting!! lol) I can still feel mucous in my mouth and at the back of my throat. It makes me gag sometimes too. Ive still got a bit of a cough, this cold seems to have lingered on for a long time, its the worst one Ive had for a long time.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:49 PM   #5
(female)

Isitjustme2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legsy03 View Post
I had a bad cold last week and I'm still getting over it. Now I've got a horrible phlegm taste in my mouth, that feels like its coming from my tonsils. My throat isn't sore and my tonsils aren't red or swollen (I had a look at them with a torch). It seems to be worse in the morning and at night but I can taste it there throughout the day. At times, the taste gets worse. I can aslo feel mucous in my mouth thats coming from my throat. Ive also got a strange cough that I can't shake - at times its dry and irritating but it can also be chesty. Also, I know this sounds disgusting but last week whenever I blew my nose, the snot was clear but now its a yellowy/green colour. Does this mean I've got an infection somewhere?? I don't feel sick enough to go to the doctor but I also don't feel right either.
Yes Yellow or green means infection and the taste is probably infection too.Worse in the morning and coming from the back of your thraot because it's probably coming from your sinuses.If you are coughing up yellow or green that's infection too!Been there(Last week of August)and still doing it--this darn virus whatever it is never gives up!It's like the ultimate virus from hell.Every time you think you are getting better it seems to come back!

Old 11-10-2007, 01:06 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

OH I HAVE THIS TOO< for 3 months now. but I also have this really gross smell/taste. it hasn't gotten better, only worse. the smell is so gross. I keep telling my self the smell is dead bateria, jsut as with an infection when you are coughing, that is becasue your body has killed it and wants to get it out. but I'm worried why hasn't my body killed it after 3 months? its like my body is at war, and i'm worried I'm gonna lose.

and I do think it could be a virus, becasue I took antiB's but it did nothing. antiBs dont work on virus, you have to wait it out.

Closed Thread