It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

sam29 HB User
Question little ball of phlegm???

My son has had a cough stuffy/runny nose for over two weeks now. He showed me this little firm ball of an off white/slightly yellow something that he coughed up. It does have a strong odor but I looked up tonsil stones which I found in a post from 2005 and it is not that at all. It seems to come up from his lungs not out of his throat and is much smaller than a tonsil stone. It is firm but you can squish it easily. Also it starts to turn the yellowish almost green color when exposed to the air. He has coughed up a few of these over the two weeks and it has happened at various times of day. His cough is still a little congested but much more productive than in the beginning. His little voice is very hoarse....I would appreciate any insite!!! Thanks much.

Old 10-09-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
(female)

Liz5343 HB User
Re: little ball of phlegm???

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam29 View Post
My son has had a cough stuffy/runny nose for over two weeks now. He showed me this little firm ball of an off white/slightly yellow something that he coughed up. It does have a strong odor but I looked up tonsil stones which I found in a post from 2005 and it is not that at all. It seems to come up from his lungs not out of his throat and is much smaller than a tonsil stone. It is firm but you can squish it easily. Also it starts to turn the yellowish almost green color when exposed to the air. He has coughed up a few of these over the two weeks and it has happened at various times of day. His cough is still a little congested but much more productive than in the beginning. His little voice is very hoarse....I would appreciate any insite!!! Thanks much.

I've had the same thing, only i had those come up while i wasn't sick or had a cough. If you think it's coming from the lungs though, and he is running a fever then you should get him checked out at the docter to make sure he doesn't have pneumonia.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2007, 02:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: little ball of phlegm???

Are they kinda like rubber? Could be a mucus plug -- somtimes people with lung infections get hardened mucus deposits stuck in their lungs...

Closed Thread