It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2007, 01:15 PM   #1
(female)

Janni37 HB User
This year's (2007) flu shot-anyone have a reaction?

Hi. I've been getting flu shots for years and never got more reaction than a little redness on the arm. I got one about 10 days ago, and after a couple of days, everything that could possibly ache, ached; stuffy nose, post nasal drip, cough, stomach and bowels acting wierd, tired, but no fever. Each day it seems a little bit better, but its pretty boring! Anyone else get a different reaction from their usual?

Going into it, all my breathing passages have been irritated from exterior painting currently being done at my apt. complex with terrible fumes, so maybe I wasn't in the best shape to start with. I still think the shot is worth it tho - I well remember the 2-week flu I had the year before I started getting them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: This year's (2007) flu shot-anyone have a reaction?

I get mine on Thursday, I'll let you know how it goes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twanger HB User

Wow! I was just going to ask the same question. I got my flu shot 10 days ago and I have been feeling really bad.

At first, my arm hurt so much that I could hardly move it. That was nothing new because it has happened in the past. Yet, this year, the pain went on for several days.

In addition to that, the following day, my neck started to hurt. I was feeling around to see if a muscle was strained and I found an enlarged lymph node. That freaked me out. It was pressing on the SCM muscle and making my neck hurt. It still is, although it is getting smaller.

I feel tired and need to push myself to do anything. I usually walk 5 miles every morning and that has not been easy.

I can't describe it - I just feel bad.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:30 PM   #4
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User

I also get a flu shot every year for the past 15 years, and usually the worst reaction is just a sore arm.

But this year, I was soooo tired for the three days following the shot. I could barely function. I also had the worst headache for two days. I wonder if it was the strain they put in this year?

Old 10-25-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I just got mine this morning and so far ok, but 2 other employees here got a headache withing 30 minutes of the shot. I took some ibuprofen this morning before I left home, so it's possible that's blocking the headache.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

hypatia HB Userhypatia HB User

Got mine last week with no problems at all.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #7
(female)

HopefulDoll HB User

I got my flu shot a week ago,never had any problems before, but just 3 days ago (4days after shot,) my nose went numb on right side, now it's numb on my entire nose, feels as if I got an elbow in my nose,that kind of deadness.I'm heading into 4 days with this numbness and I'm worried.
Is this a reaction to the shot, has anyone had this?

Old 11-07-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
(female)

plc HB User

You can not get the flu from the flu shot. The virus they use are dead. However, you can get a mild reaction,achy etc. Tylenol or motrin will do the trick for these problems. Another problem is a sore arm,again tylenol or an ice pack at the injection site will help this also. As for getting ill ten days after, you were exposed to another virus, not the flu, and not the flu shot. There are thousands of virus out there. Good hand washing and not touching your eyes,nose and mouth(unless your hands are clean) will help prevent future illness. Oh don't forget cleaning the phone

Old 11-10-2007, 12:45 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

The flu shot contains some pretty interesting ingredients like aluminum, mercury, and formaldehyde. You can research this for yourself and find out what it contains. It is possible that these chemicals are not agreeing with you or you are having some sort of reaction to it? Also, in the past flu shots have been recalled because of bad batches. Overall, you may want to consider building up your own natural immunity to the flu. Eating healthy and exercising keeps the body healthy and your immunity strong.

Closed Thread