It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2007, 09:57 AM   #1
(female)

yummpeachie HB User
intense side pain from coughing... what should i do?

i have been sick for about 2 weeks now... went to the doctor and they told me it was probably the flu. anyway, ive recovered from everything except an intense cough that brings up mucus. i haven't slept in nights, but my real concern is that it seems from all my coughing i've contracted really sharp side pain, on both sides. it feels like its at the very bottom of my ribcage, and it's very sore and tender to touch. It has become hard to breath even when doing simple activities like walking. my side rib pain has reall escalted in the past couple days... what can i take? should i go see someone? thanks for any help

Old 11-05-2007, 11:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: intense side pain from coughing... what should i do?

It is possible to hurt your ribs from coughing a lot. If you call the doctor again, you might be able to get some stronger cough medicine. Till then, eating candy nonstop actually will prevent you from coughing!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

miyu HB Usermiyu HB User

thats freaky, but what if you don't want to stop coughing? because that is they bodies way of healing? don't you think stoping form coughing would cause something worse to happen?

Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 AM   #4
(female)

BrandyBobs Lady HB User

Excessive coughing can pull muscles you didn't even know you had. I have had excessive coughing from a darned tickle in my throat and a mucusy coating in the back of my throat. It has caused pulled muscles in my back and will hurt my throat from time to time. My chest will feel heavy at times too but more than likely you have bruised your ribs from so much coughing. Try using a vaporizer at night and suck on cough drops...try Nyquil too which can help some. Some lady here on the boards suggested this Black Elderberry Syrup which she swears gets rid of a cold really fast. Hard to find but I managed to find it. Cost the same as any normal cough syrup for 4 oz. I am going to try it myself. Must work wonders cuz every web site I found that has this stuff is out of stock except for the one I mentioned. Hope you feel better soon!!!

Last edited by moderator2; 11-13-2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: posted commercial website

The Following User Says Thank You to BrandyBobs Lady For This Useful Post:
briannasgm (02-23-2011)
Closed Thread