It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #1
(male)

Tommy212 HB User
Cold or the Flu? Or maybe something else?

I'm exping some rather odd symptoms for my cold right now, I'm not even sure if its the Flu or the cold. Since tuesday my symptoms consists of coughing, sneezing, nasty body aches (muscle pains, especially when i cough), runny nose, headaches, fever, nausea, extreme fatique etc.

The last 3 symptoms I have now are rather odd: no appetite, lost taste buds and no bowel movements for two days so far since I've had the cold or flu.. which ever one I got. From what I know those last 3 weren't on the symptoms list for cold/flu. Has anyone else experienced this before? Or do I have something more serious? thx for any information.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
(female)

Rita27 HB User
Re: Cold or the Flu? Or maybe something else?

Tommy, did you get a flu shot this year? It sounds pretty bad. It definitely sounds like more than a regular cold. I would see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #3
(male)

Tommy212 HB User

thx for the reply... since my last writing I am just getting over the cold/flu... I still have it but not as much as the last couple of days. I pretty much stayed in bed for days on straight and got plenty of sleep. I didn't eat much at all. And my appiete still has not returned. Also my bowel movements have not restored back. I had only 2 real BMs, both times were very little. The first time the stool was almost like a rod, pencil like stool. The second time my stool was EXTREMELY thin, almost noodle like. I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm definitely positive that there is still a lot left inside of me. i can feel it... i will try milk of magnesim and see what happens. i'll let you know. thx for the reply

EDIT: oh to answer your question, no i haven't gotten a flu shot, which is really dumb i know, i learned the hard way. Seeing a doctor is going to be difficult Rita, because i currently do not have insurance. I'm trying to get one through my job but the process is so slow.

Last edited by Tommy212; 02-09-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
(female)

Rita27 HB User

Tommy, if you are not eating, then you are not going to have bowel movements. You probably won't until you start eating and drinking. Drink a lot of fluids and water. Also, if you are not moving around, if you're just laying in bed, there is nothing stimulating the bowels. I know a lot about this because I have had a lot of problems with stomach/bowels in the past. I eat a lot of fruits and veggies now and take fiber pills when needed.

Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
(female)

lawrain HB User
Smile Re: Cold or the Flu? Or maybe something else?

Tommy i agree with Rita that your BM will be less if you are aeting less and moving around less. Try and drink lots of water to wash everything through. Are you starting to feel better in other respects? Your symptoms did sound like you had the stomach flu as these can be symptoms of that. It can last for a couple of weeks so it is really important to try and eat well even if you are being sick try and eat green veg and dark fruit like purple grape juice, blueberies and black elderberries, these will help you get better quicker. You can get good supplements for these if you cant stomach eating lots of fruit right now. Get wel soon.

Closed Thread