It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

holahanson HB User
first a sore throat and now dizziness

So I didn't think I had the cold or the flu, just a bad case of the sore throat - I've pretty much lost my voice (this is day 4) and I have a lot of crappy symptoms (my head is heavy, my neck hurts, my glands are swollen, my ears hurt) =( I got tested for strep last night and it was negative, so that's good. Anyways, so after I went to my university's infirmary yesterday I came home and took the medicine they gave me, and an hour or two afterwards I felt SUPER dizzy and light-headed (almost as if I was drunk or something) I laid down but that didn't help much, it still felt like the room was spinning. I thought maybe it was because I had taken cold medicine and cough syrup at the same time, so today I didn't take the cough syrup thinking maybe that was it... but I got home from class this morning and felt really dizzy again! I had to take a nap, and now after lunch I feel ooookay but I still feel a little weak maybe? or a little shaky?
So I was just wondering... what gives? haha. I mean, the flu has been going around but I don't have a fever (I checked before my nap, I was 96.5) and I haven't thrown up or anything. Am I just getting worse? I'm not coughing or anything else, it all just seems to be from my sore throat. Last night I was kind of freaked out about it, because I've never really gotten dizzy or faint before... thanks!

Last edited by holahanson; 02-21-2008 at 10:36 AM.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

ebrena HB Userebrena HB User
Thumbs down Re: first a sore throat and now dizziness

You most likely have conjestion in your ears-causes dizziness. I don't know what medicine they gave you, but when I had that cold and had conjestion in my ears my Dr told me I needed to take a deconjestant. Also when I get dizzy when sick I will take an anti-nausea tablet-like gravol.Hope you feel better soon. I just got the flu now so I'm back in the sick bed. My ears are full and my head feels like a bog, I am personally sick & tired from being sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

holahanson HB User
Re: first a sore throat and now dizziness

thanks for the reply!

i went to the nurse again - turns out I have a sinus infection. She told me that's probably the reason for the dizziness. Saaad haha I want to get better!!

Closed Thread