It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
(male)

crazy sick HB User
Getting Constant Cold Symptoms

it seems that i'm very prone to getting a cold almost 2 times or so a month. the only thing i get usually is a congestion and aches. i just finished recovering from one about 3 weeks ago. this started last year in november and since then i've gotten sick about 5 times already. please let me know. i take medicene but it helps a little not as much as i would like.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:56 PM   #2
(male)

kangaroo26 HB User
Re: Getting Constant Cold Symptoms

Often times it can be your diet that affects your resistance to colds and flu. I used to get sick quiet often myself, but I went to a dietitian and it helped immensely. Ask your doctor for a good referral, and you might be surprised

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Your getting sick because your body is not healthy, the sickness is the symptom. Have you ever stepped back and evaluated your lifestyle? How much sleep do you get? Do you eat mostly processed food? Stress? Most of the food and health products we use are made of chemicals. Chemicals do not belong in the body and the get stored in our tissues eventually making us cancerous, diseased or sick. I would try to start eating organic foods, get plenty of rest, drink a lot of water because it flushes the toxins out of the body, and look into switching your soaps to ones with less chemicals. You could also look into a detox for your body. The cold medicines you take only help relieve the cold symptoms you are feeling, but they NEVER FIX YOU. It is a common misconception. Try adding freah garlic to your diet, like in your pasta sauce. Garlic is naturally antibacterial. Add some fresh lemon to a glass of water and drink some echinacea or green tea. You need to boost your immune system so your body is able to fight off these colds and sicknesses. Healthy people do not get sick, you need to work on making yourself healthy again, I hope that makes sense. You can look up how to naturally boost your immune system and you will find a lot of great tips.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

I also wanted to add you could try hydrotherapy at home. Takea nice, warm bath for 5 minutes and when you get out, wrap a towel that was rinsed in cold water around your torso, from your armpits to your around your groin area and get under a wool blanket for an hour. It helps your white blood cells increase and fight the infection.

Old 02-27-2008, 05:04 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

This has been a nasty winter. I do not usually get sick over and over. This winter I have had some nasty sinus/cold thing 3 times. Every other week, each time gets a bit worse. It is debilitating already. I have been told I am not the only one and to hold on. It is scary!

The Following User Says Thank You to itburns2004 For This Useful Post:
Mannyblots (11-05-2012)
Old 02-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

It is best to build up your immune system, you can look up how to do that and get great information, it is your best defense.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:50 AM   #7
(male)

crazy sick HB User

i'll try those things. now what about night sweats, for some reason lately i've been sweating at night and i don't have a fever. it's been about a week now.???

Old 02-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
(female)

glojo HB User

NIght sweats sounds like you just be weak from all the stuff you've had.

Try taking Super Complex B vitamins. They've really helped me, they're not expensive. I get mine from Walmart, generics. One a day, or maybe even 1 at night and 1 in morning for the first week or 2. They don't build up in your system, so they can't hurt you. My doc reccomended them to help build my immunity.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:47 AM   #9
(female)

lawrain HB User

To keep away the symptoms of colds and flu and to generally increase your well being you should boost you immune system. There are loads of ways to do this, i have found that taking a supplement during the winter months or whenever i start feeling a little under the weather helps considerably. Some of the best immune busters are Black Elderberry and Echinacea which you can find in supplements form in most health food shops or drug stores. They may even help with the night sweats...who knows!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:15 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User

Start taking a good quality multivitamin (twinlab daily one is great) and getting some excersise, brisk walking for half an hour a day or so

See your doctor incase it is sinusitis or somthing like that that you are suffering from, rather than a cold

Closed Thread