It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 AM   #1
(male)

MichiganOne HB User
Question Cold with Sore Mouth and Throat?

Exactly a week ago I started having some symptoms that left me a bit confused.

1st Day: Quite a lot of stomach noise (Gas). I knew something wasn't right.

2nd Day: A headache that wouldn't end. Not severe..But consistent. Still have the gas (Stomach noise). I'm thinking maybe I've eaten something bad..That's caused this.

3rd Day: Lingering headache. No more gas. The way my head and sinuses feel.. I'm reminded of being hospitalized with severe Sinusitis. *I had Sinusitis that was left untreated (No medical insurance or cash for a doctor). My eye lid was swollen to a huge size. I was hospitalized for a week. I could have lost my eye.*

I had antibiotics saved..Augmentin XR. I began taking them. I'm not going to risk what happened before.

4th Day: Headache isn't too bad. No other problems.

5th Day: Wake up in the morning and my tongue hurts..So does the inside of my mouth. The upper part of my throat hurts a little. By the end of the day my eyes would water from the pain..If I attempted to eat anything.

6th Day: Still have quite a bit of pain in my mouth. The inside of my lips are VERY raw and bleeding a bit from being cracked. Have pain on the sides of my tongue.

7th Day: Still have pain in my mouth/tongue. Cracked inner lips. My nose seems to be on the verge of running. Haven't had a headache in days.

I've never had any cold that acted this way. Never had any kind of problem with my mouth like this. It's almost like instead of a Sore Throat.. I have a Sore Mouth & Tongue.

I still have no medical insurance and not much cash. I don't want this to get progressively worse and endure more severe problems. On the other hand.. I don't want to go to a Doctor.. Pay cash I can't afford..Only to be told it's nothing to worry about..It will go away on it's own.

I can't find any Info on the net about a cold with a sore mouth.

My Brother had caught something about six days before I started having symptoms. It's likely I caught it as well. But, he only has a sore throat.

Anyway, if anyone has ever had a cold with these sorts of symptoms..Please let me know. It will put my mind at ease.

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
(male)

MichiganOne HB User
Re: Cold with Sore Mouth and Throat?

I think I've found the answer. I'm willing to bet that I have Thrush. Never had it before.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Cold with Sore Mouth and Throat?

That does sound like thrush, i had it once with peniccillin which i cant take anymore.

Ive just had a bad cold, still struggling with it and now a very tickly throat and cough, andddddddd i have about three sores in my mouth too, and it hurts like crazy to eat or drink anything hot. I think its probably the fact that your immune system when you have acold virus is a bit shot, and the sores are just another thing that can happen when your body is a little low.

Try some thrush remedy for the mouth tough, or eat some LIVE natural yoghurt, thats usually good for thrush anywhere in the body. Good luck.

Closed Thread