It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
(female)

brenderlou HB User
Help!! Bronchitis For 3 Weeks, Now A Cold??

Hi all-

I have been sick since April 6th!!!!! It started with a very low grade fever that would come and go. Then the coughing which got worse. After a week I went to a walk in clinic (this was on a Sat. & my dr's office was closed). They diagnosed bronchitis, gave me a breathing treatment and Amoxicillin (tablets) for 10 days.
I took faithfully but coughing didn't subside but fever went away. On day 11 fever came back so the next day went to my primary dr. She listened to my chest and said bronchitis still and that probably the antibiotic wasn't strong enough or the bronchitis was resisitant to it so gave me 750mg Levaquin for 5 days. Last day of that was May 6th.
Since then, coughing is better (not a deep cough or as frequent) and no fever but I have a head cold that won't go away....Stuffy head, nose that sometimes goes into a stuffy ear. Sometimes stuffy, sometimes not and still have a slight cough (no fever). This has been since last week and it doesn't seem to be getting any better. I just started taking Airborne since it's chock full of vitamins and am drinking a ton of water to see if I can kick this out of my system.
Does this sound "normal"? I was thinking that probably my immune system is shot with 17 days of antibiotics and being sick but will this cold ever end????

Thanks
Brenda

Old 05-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

aussiejono HB User
Re: Help!! Bronchitis For 3 Weeks, Now A Cold??

Ask for a sputum culture before taking more antibiotics.

Take 400mg Guiaphenesian every 4 hours to help break up the muck in your chest.

A probiotic supplement would be a good idea after all those antibiotics, Yakult or somthing

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread