It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

Evannah HB User
Feeling tired all the time. Worse after bad bout of colds.

At Christmas 2007 I developed a cold which lasted about three/four days. I get about three colds every year so didn't expect to get another one so soon. Instead, I got about four moderate head colds, about two severe ones and two chest infections in the space of four months. The last cold I had was back in April.

I've always suffered from tiredness and mild cold-like symptoms (for the past 6/7 years at least) but the cold-like symptoms are too mild to actually be considered one. Anyway, after I suffered from that bout of bad colds and chest infections, I've been feeling a LOT worse. I've got a list of symptoms and they've been really bad for at least a month/month and a half.

Headache, sometimes with flashing lights in eyes.
Sore throat, which is often dry even after I've drunk water.
Achy lower back when I bend down.
Pain in groin, legs and joints, especially when I walk.
Tiredness that doesn't go away even after an 8 hour sleep.
Runny nose.
Itchy eyes, often runny.
General mild cold-like symptoms.
Alternating between going hot and cold. Can be hot in colder weather and cold in warmer weather.
Nausea, especially in the evenings.
Itchy skin, and sometimes feels like my skin is crawling.
Stomach pain, usually mild but sometimes severe. Could be diet-related but thought I'd list it anyway. I'm on a high-fibre diet because I suffer from constipation.

I'm going to see the doctor on Friday (can't get there any earlier). I've been to see him before about fatigue and he did some blood tests but the tests always come back negative. It can be frustrating to be told there's nothing wrong with me. He told me it was my life-style and to change that. So I did. I get 8 hours of sleep, I eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, I like going for long walks (but it hurts my legs and joints), I don't drink (and can't anyway because I'm very intolerant), don't smoke, don't do drugs of any kind. I may not be the absolute epitome of fitness but I'm definitely not the unfittest person on the planet.

Any help about what is wrong with me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #2
(female)

Evannah HB User
Re: Feeling tired all the time. Worse after bad bout of colds.

Please reply. Thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to Evannah:
talii (02-28-2011)
Closed Thread