It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #1
(female)

annie222 HB User
why won't cold go away

why won't cold go away

Old 10-23-2008, 07:26 PM   #2
(female)

Kanorah HB User
Re: why won't cold go away

I have no idea, but I've been waiting for months now. I mean seriously... nothing helps. What is up with that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Right there with ya! This is my second cold since school started. I work with little 3rd graders and I really really tired of catching their colds. Now this new one is into the second week. It has gone to my throats. Lots of post nasal drip. It makes me cough non stop. ugh! Now my throat and upper chest feel swollen and hoarse. I have a touch of laryngitis. Any suggestion on getting over this anyone?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User

Kanorah,

A cold that lasts for months is not a cold...have you been to the doctor? Have they ruled out sinus infections, allergies, etc? If so you may want to do some reading about Lyme Disease which can present with cold/flu like symptoms in the early stages.

Bethsheba

Old 10-29-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

Nothing works because the medicines and drugs from the stores and doctors do not cure anything, they only suppress what you are feeling at the moment and actually inhibit the body to work properly to fight off the sickness. At the same time those products are depositing their chemicals into your body which never belong there futher lowering your immune system. Conventional medicines are not the answer. You need to build up your immune system naturally. You can look it up to find great tips, but you need to cut out processed foods, add a lot of fresh squeezed lemon to water and drink lots of water. Try taking 3,000 mg of Vitamin C and pick up some Vitamin D, especially if you are not getting outside. Echinacea which is an herb from the flower marigold is a huge immune booster. My toddler takes this stuff and she loves it, she has yet to be sick in her 2.5 years of life yet, not even a runny nose or cough. In my home, I practice PREVENTION and in doing so, we never get sick and we do not get any flu shots nor do we take any medicines. Until you get healthy, you will continue to get sick. You have to supply the body with the tools it needs to fight, those tools are vitamins, minerals and herbs.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Sue04 HB User

I have tried all that the poster above mentioned and I have a 3.5 year old and have had a cold/sinus infection for 6 weeks now. Been on 2 anitbiotics as I can't function and be a good Mom unless I feel good or better anyway. I have tried herbs, vitamins etc.....I never used to get sick or get 4-5 colds a year until after I had my daughter. I even lived with my now step-son and husband who could look at a cold and get it. We use hand sanitizer all the time and I always wipe things down with Lysol wipes. Some people have better immune systems than others. Some people are lucky. I used to be one of those people.....now I tough it out when my daughter gets it, you can bet I will too. I figure Iam rebulding my immune system with her at this point. If I am miserable, I got to the DR now.....gotta be up to take care of my family.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

jill30 HB User

I swear by Ester-C. As soon as I feel a cold, or I get a cold and I take this it shortens my cold by 3 days. I use it if I am around a person and I no they
have a cold so I will not catch it.

Closed Thread