It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
cough after bad cold

I have had this awful persistant cough after my cold finished. I have had it about a week now, and it seems to be worse at night.

When will it go?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 03:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: cough after bad cold

bumping this thread.....

i have this bad cough thats not persistent but i have coughing fits so bad i almost vomit. its horrible. What can it be? im very congested from the cold, (a lot of phlegm)

should i go back to Doc and maybe get some antibiotics? any ideas pls?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-04-2009, 09:28 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I can tell you that I had this same cold this fall followed by coughing for 4 weeks. I thought it would never end. I went through 2 rounds of antibiotics. I even got cough syrup with codeine. I coughed so much I couldn't catch my breath. I gagged too and throught I was going to vomit numerous times. You can see the doctor and see what he or she thinks but mine just had to run it's course. Hang in there! Hugs!

Old 01-04-2009, 11:05 PM   #4
(female)

hunjiman HB User

I had similar symptoms and it cleared up after about 3 days. I drink plenty of fluids, increased my vitamin C dosage, honey, lemon, cayenne, and apple cider vinegar. I never take anti biotics and this really works.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I agree it probably needs to run it's course, however you still may want to see the doctor for a prescription based cough med if it keeps up. I've had a cold lead to a 4 week cough as well. Since you are having nasal drainage, it's probably what is causing the cough and I would doubt there is any need for antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

thanks guys,,,,

im sure its nasal drip too, as it sort of comes from no where and the tickle in either side of my throat is awful, nothing makes it go away for about 10 mins, its just a constant cough which goes almost into vomitting its horrid. Ive had it 2 weeks now, but not constant just like once or twice a day it just comes on in a fit then goes again.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #7
(female)

steffiegirl HB User

hi there! i know exactly what you are going through and it sucks. i got sick after christmas and i told my gf i am gonna have that horrid cough that i havent had in 8 years. yes it came back and its been over a week and still have it some. the throwing up is awful and mine gets worse at night and it seems like it will never go away. i have to let mine just run its course and thats about all you can do. i used to have doctors give me cough syrup with codeine or vicodin cause that helps. it hardly helped me at all when i used to get it all the time but this time it did. just drink lots of water and if it helps you any hot tea with honey. and put a pan of hot water with vics in it on low and that works great to. gotta love the vics. good luck with the horrid evil cough. thats what i call it. hope you get better soon.

Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

This is getting ridiculous now. Today ive felt heavy headed i woke up dizzy this morning. im sneezing and the cough is still as bad. This just wont go away. ive had this since a week before christmas, on and off. Do these viruses take so long to go normally.?

Old 01-08-2009, 10:48 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

AlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB UserAlexaIn2006 HB User

You only get sick when you immune system is not strong enough to fight off the bacteria and virus that make us sick. You may want to address the root of the problem which would be your immune system. You can naturally boost this easily yourself. Going to a doctor, because they practice only conventional medicine, will likely only prescribe more antibiotics or medicines which only further lower your immune system and never address the root of the problem again. The chemicals from the medicines weaken the body and the chemicals are not always processed by the body and can be stored in your tissues. Try using some grapefruit seed extract in liquid form. I have cured a few ailments such as a infected wisdom tooth prior to extraction. It was gone without 2 days. This is completely from nature and works better that any antibiotic because it is natures most powerful antibiotic.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:13 PM   #10
(female)

hunjiman HB User

I agree that that removing toxins and keeping a pH balance is critical. I am a firm believer in the daily consumption of apple cider vinegar. I travel an extensive amount and rarely get sick, and I attribute it to the daily consumption of two tablespoons (one in the morning and one before dinner) of acv in an 8oz glass of water.

Closed Thread