It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
(male)

oddsore HB User
Cold Sore? or?

Hey guys.

I have a question that has always been on my mind since i was very young.

I am now 23.
Around 2-3 times a year or when i get a very bad cold i tend to get a LOT of flem etc.

As my cold starts to fade away and im left with damaged skin around my nose and top lip from using so many tissues i get left with a small blister like sore on my lip/nose.

The sore starts off as a white translucent "Blister" looking sore and then it scabs over and becomes very itchy.
I have gotten these sores for as long as i can remember.
Doctors told me they were Cold Sores when i was very young and my parents never questioned it.

I have gotten these so bad when i younger that my entire top lip up untill the entry too my nostrils was covered in a huge scab.

The reason i dont feel its a cold sore is.
A. I have never heard or seen of anyone getting such a large coldsore that coveres a 2cm on my face.

and

B. cold sore cream has NEVER, EVER helped in any way.

I have just returned from Paris and caught a bad cold just before my flight.

I am about to enter the most important time in my life with my new business and i have alot of meetings.

I am now in the early stages of one of the "blisters" appearing on my Lip.

Does anyone here have any further information or help on this?
And what is the best way to make this "Coldsore" disapear asap?
Should i put Vasoline on it to dry it out?

I am desperate for help!
Thanks

Oddsore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Cold Sore? or?

Your best bet is to see a dermatologist or a physician WHILE you have the sore. I suspect they are cold sores, and yes they can get big (some people get small ones, I knew a girl once who got large ones like you). It may be that you need a prescription strength cream or drug to help them. Cold sores are actually a member of the herpes virus and what happens is when you get a virus, your immune system is weaken from fighting the cold virus, which allows the virus causing the sores to flare up. Very common, but apparently people get them to varying degrees.

Old 02-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #3
(male)

oddsore HB User

so i went into the GP Today and she gave me Famvir, 500g. i took all 3 immedietly. it has been over 12 hours now and it still seems to be getting worse? How long do the tablets take to work?
Also it seems that i ahve another coldsore arriving next to my first. This is really anoying as the 3 tablets are not cheap.

Old 02-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I'm not too familiar with specific meds for it so I can't help you there. You might get some answers by asking over in the skin disorders area about others who get them. I do know most of the anti-viral meds work by helping to surpress them from coming out to begin with versus helping them heal, don't know if that's the type of medicine they gave you or not.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
(male)

6point HB User

Just joined and read your story with interest as I am also looking for answers as I too am left with the painful,unsightly sores around my nostrils due to the acid drip from the sinus runoff that seems to boil the skin below the nostrils. As for the cold sores on your lip try using Super Lysine Cold sore/System strength made by Quantum Health available at GNC or local Natural Health stores. Take about six for a day for a couple days and work down to one. It won't clear it up overnight but a tablet a day and you should be symptom free for life.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:27 AM   #6
(male)

oddsore HB User

so it seems nothing has worked but they are nearly gone now anyway :\
i friggen hate coldsores.

Closed Thread