It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #1
(female)

nancyo1 HB User
how long will a high fever last with the flu

how long will a high fever last with the flu. I too have a twelve year old with the flu who has run a fever of 103.0 - 103.5 over the last three days, this being the fourth day. She does not have a persistent cough, but when she does cough it sounds horrible and deep. This morning she was complaining about her back aching between her shoulder blades (not the lower back which is what I thought at first).
We took her to an acute care center on Saturday and were told that it was influenza type a, but I am now concerned that this fever has been too high for too long. Also now I am concerned about the back ache (pneumonia??). If anyone has any feedback on a similar situation I would love to hear from you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2009, 06:02 AM   #2
(female)

drichey HB User
Re: how long will a high fever last with the flu

I also in the DFW area in the same boat with a 13 year old, the Dr says this will last up to 10 days but it is pretty scary she has had a fever of at east 102 since Saturday afternoon this is now Wednesday morning she stuffy has a hard time breathing (I have been listening to her back and I hear no wheezing), aching has thrown up once but also has pink eye in both eyes an the throwing up caused hemmorages in one eye - the poor kid is a mess!! I would also like ot hear if anyone else has experience with this and if we need to keep bugging our Dr's??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2009, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

seagoddess HB User
Re: how long will a high fever last with the flu

i have a 6 yr old granddaughter and she is prone to fevers. she has run a fever for nearly two weeks in the past. it is their bodies way of killing the germs.

Closed Thread