It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Colds & Flu Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

katarina17 HB User
why do i keep getting colds

why do i keep getting colds in every 3 weeks.i take loads of vitamins,immune system booster,and still nothing works.i eat healthy i have my 5 a day sometimes more

Old 03-23-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
(male)

Keef HB User
Re: why do i keep getting colds

Wish I knew the answer. I'm the same, quite fit, eat healthy,yet get every cold going

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
(male)

Adidas0298 HB User

Dont feel alone!!

This winter has been hellacious! Ive had one cold or flu after another...it seems like its just one big flu that never goes away. I swear there is a plaque with my picture on it at the factory that makes tylenol cold & flu and nyquil...haha.

Ive been buying Halls drops with vitamin C, echinacea, and zinc. I take 4 (the recommended maximum) a day. I dont consider myself a "health nut" by any means so that is pretty much the extent of my prevention. I also drink green tea occasionally.

Even with that, it hasnt helped. Ive been sicker than a dog this past 4 months.

Old 10-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

I can relate...and here we are into the fall of 2009 season of colds and flu's. I am trying to figure out how to avoid continually picking up every virus, cold and flu out there. I take vitamins and all. I just think some catch things easier than others.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #5
(male)

Perry2 HB User

Exposure and fatigue. The more you interact with others,shake hands, go to the gym, buy fast foods or Starbucks coffee, the more chances you have for casual germ exchange.
Lack of sleep, performing peak exertion athletics, or drinking/partying knocks down your immune system.
People who frequently move hand to mouth, hand to nose or hand to eye invite germs into their body.
The gym is where I get most of my bugs.

Closed Thread